GTX 770 - performance lower than expected. Need help from 680/770/780/Titan owners

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marek Lesniak, Jul 6, 2013.

1. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

Will do, thanks Tuttle!

Do you use the same settings as this when you're racing yourself or are they different in any way?

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

No. I'm using GPU synch (flush previous frame) which is the proper setting to reduce at minimum the input lag but it is not suggested for SLI systems.

3. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

I'll definitely give that a go then. Would it be good for using this mode to a normal flat screen television?
    Or is it more for a top quality high hz PC monitor?

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yep, but I wouldn't be surprised if you'll get strong lags using your TV, due the nature of the device which is usually post-processing the input signal. An average HDTV panel could introduce more than half a second of lag which is killer for a sim, especially if your TV is using some image enhancement postprocessing which is nice for movies but killer for games as race simulators.

The GPU synch could help limiting your total lag around the minimum available value for your hardware, but can't do miracles. :)

The refresh speed rate (Hz) is another story and can't help you to limit the total lag. It just reveal how many times the monitor/TV can refresh per second - whereas the lag (or total latency) is the delay between your physical input through the steering wheel (which is introducing his own latency) and what being shown on your monitor/TV, no matter how many times per second your TV draws the data.