GTX 1080 ti struggles!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 12, 2017.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I run simvibe, crew chief and sli max manager pro. So can I run it off a different CPU thread? How would I do that? I googled fps loss with simvibe and couldn't find anything about others having same issue either.

2. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

F1Aussie likes this.
  3. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I have this one: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING/specifications/

In the specs it says it runs boost clock at 1683MHz, but if you check (with a tool like GPU-Z) the actual clock during game play it usually goes much higher than that, until it either hits a pre-set temperature, power or voltage limit. Mine goes to 1974 before hitting a voltage limit on default mode.

F1Aussie likes this.
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

mine is this https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-amp-extreme#spec
    Dumb question, how do you check gpuz whilst in game?

5. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I run it in a second monitor, but if you have only one then you leave it running in the background and after being in game for a while you just alt-tab to it, and on the sensor tab you can mouse over the graph and see what was the clock value before while you were playing.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

nVidia boost 3.0! Mine sits @2038-2050 constantly. Do you have MSI afterburner? Using the OSD will show you live what your GPU is running. That 1759 would be the advertised clock not boost 3.0 working.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

F1Aussie likes this.
  9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I would not bee claiming that going 40FPS at 2k with 15 cars PP(Ultra) AA Level 5 at the start to 60FPS which is about right with Nvidia SLI. The thing is that in game profiles > other settings > located in the bottom of Nvidia Inspector can only be edited by Nvidia. Game profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) is created 2011-09-22 . To my knowledge latest build of the rF2 executable`s are not submitted to Nvidia since 2011-09-22 so that an updated working SLI profile can be created. The second thing is that various compatibility bit settings for different SLI configurations for rF2 are broken out by Nvidia Inspector's bit editor which means that Nvidia Inspectors default SLI bits can not bee used to create rFactor 2 SLI profile.
    Obviously you know all this since using SLI since the day of 3DFX cards first came out (Stone age). I believe that your SLI has micro stutters, pure GPU loads etc. and doubt that your SLI is running any better then others but if I am wrong you are welcome to offer some support here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/dx11-beta-sli-compatibility-bits.55306/ or https://forum.studio-397.com/index....tuttering-with-sli-setup-and-multiview.56628/

;)

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nvidia installer is not always doing a good job when option clean install is selected. Perhaps you like to do clean install of Nvidia driver too ?
    This guide is made by Spinelli few years back and if you do clean install as he describes you are 100% sure that you driver is working 100%.

1) Download the newest version of Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and extract it to your location of choice (I just extract it in a folder on my desktop). DDU seems to get updated often, sometimes even multiple times per week, so always check for the newest version
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...or-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-06-19-2017-/

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner), more than one monitor, SLI or Nvidia 3D Vision skip to step 7.

2) If using multiple screens go back to single screen mode with the remaining monitors disabled (done in NVidia Control Panel.)

3) If using 3D, disable it in the Nvidia control panel.

4) If using SLI disable it in the NVidia Control Panel

5) Set all overclocks, and such, in any additional GPU software installed (EVGA Precision, MSI afterburner), back to default.

6) Use the free program Revo Uninstaller in it's most thorough/advanced mode to fully uninstall any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner). Just the 3rd party stuff though; Original Nvidia drivers and control panels will removed in the next few steps below.
    Revo Uninstaller: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

7) Restart in safe mode

8 ) Use display driver uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode to uninstall your drivers. Always make sure you select to uninstall/clean everything you can from the brand you choose (eg. for Nvidia - PhysX, 3D, any audio stuff, everything), even if you think or know it wasn't installed. Also, always make sure to select the "Remove C:\NVIDIA folders" option. When you proceed with the driver cleaning, choose the option that DOES NOT restart/shut down the PC. Then click o.k./exit/close when it's done cleaning, DDU will close, open it back up, make sure everything is selected again, and this time make sure you choose the option that DOES restart the PC (or the option that fully shuts down the PC if you are going to physically be changing your GPU).

9) After restart, use the free program CCleaner's registry cleaner and delete/clean NVidia or additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner) files it may find
    CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

10) Restart PC

11) Install NVidia drivers and always choose "custom" install and just install the minimum of what you need.

12) If you aren't prompted to restart at the end of installation, then restart anyways

NOTE: If you don't use any additional GPU software (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner), more than one monitor, SLI or 3D, then skip to step 17.

13) Upon restart, install any other GPU software you wish (EVGA Precision, MSI Afterburner)

14) Restart

15) Setup SLI and/or triple screens, and 3D.

16) Restart

17) Open up Windows Command Prompt with admin rights. It's called "Command Prompt (Admin)" - make sure your PC is in your gaming mode (any overclocks you use for gaming like CPU, GPU, etc.) - type "winsat formal -restart clean" (without the quotes) and press enter on your keyboard. Give it a few minutes to do it's thing. Once done, close the windows by typing "exit" (without the quotes).

18 ) Restart PC and PLAY!

:)

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Okay, i got it to work! My max was 2025, is that good? Does it mean anything?

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Wow , how often do you suggest doing all this ? and when would you suggest doing this ? only if you're experiencing problems or just as a maintenance thing .
    I always thought those cleaner softwares can do more harm than good ??

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you are felling that you are not getting max out of your GFX card or are experiencing bad game experience. I do clean install every time I install new Nvidia driver it takes only 10 mins of your time and it can ease you pain when game is not running good and you know it is not GFX driver which is causing problems.
    CCleaner has backup option when you are cleaning registry, use it if you are unsure :)

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I installed afterburner but could not get the osd information to show. In settings clicked to show osd for a few of the items and then created a shortcut to toggle on and off. Go in-game and use the toggle but nothing shows up, what have I missed?[/QUOTE]

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

thanks for the detailed reply Ari, I will be sure to go through the steps in the next couple of days.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

[/QUOTE]
    Once you hit the gear/cog for settings in afterburner ,go to OSD then half way down there is "more" it opens another menu and on the top left there is "on screen display" (OSD) ON-OFF and you should be good to go .

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Once you hit the gear/cog for settings in afterburner ,go to OSD then half way down there is "more" it opens another menu and on the top left there is "on screen display" (OSD) ON-OFF and you should be good to go .[/QUOTE]
    ah, got it, thanks. Unfortunately won't get a chance to try it tonight now.

18. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

Rf2 optimization is terrible across the board. I don't mind that it looks inferior to AMS; graphics aren't that important to me. But to look bad and perform poorly is inexcusable.

19. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Sounds good to me, just make sure that you run the game for a while, because this cards tend to start with a very high clock (+2000) and then lower it a little once the temperature stabilizes.

If your card is running at that clock speed, then I don't really know why we have different performance. Are you running Windows 10? Or any other software in the background other than simvibe?

Could be just the CPU difference, I know the 7700k is very good at single thread performance, but when I tested it at 3.5GHz it didnt make much of a difference so I dont really know how much it matters.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

There is no reason to have a K SKU CPU running at stock speeds , with my 6600k i just bumped the multiplier to 42 and be done with it from 35 . That should alone make some difference in a positive way !