GTE Engine Inertia Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldenBear, Nov 24, 2019.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

Yes it's about the speed that the engine loses RPMs, it's way too quick. Whether it's an engine inertia or too much engine braking I can't tell without seeing more data. But Indo believe whatever this is, is contributing to the super unstable rear end and chronic lift off oversteer present in the GTE cars currently.

2. J7166

J7166 Registered

Well S397 hasn't acknowledged anything here on this issue yet. I send a message to Christopher on Twitter and he said - they will investigate any possible issue, and to post in on the forums .... So... Yeah. Doesn't seem like a fix is happening anytime soon if ever.

Ronnie likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As posted earlier in this thread, GoldenBear already created a thread back in August on this issue, and there was a response on discord. This dicussion should have stayed in that thread, IMO.

4. J7166

J7166 Registered

Ok ill just search thru the forums and only comment on historical threads.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Every thread is historical, unless you're creating a new one.

In this thread I posted screenshots of the response on discord, so if you read this thread you should know S397 did acknowledge something. This may have been clearer if right now we were in the original bug report thread. Why we're here in this new thread instead of that original one, you'll have to ask GoldenBear.

6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Before the BOP. I rest my case.

J7166 likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@GoldenBear cheers mate, that's definitely different to what I was able to do with the RSR the other day.

*Edit: Well, after 5 mins practice I managed to replicate that sort of start a few times, so maybe it's just more difficult than it was before.

*one more note: that was manual clutch, letting it out to maybe 70-80%, then holding there for a good couple of seconds. I doubt the auto clutch can do a good job as it just feeds out.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    GoldenBear likes this.
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Yup, it's doable manually, but extremely difficult. I stick with it...this isn't normal.^^ Doing it in practice, when you have all the time of the session, is one thing. Doing it, when it really counts, another deal. These generations and classes race cars aren't build, to make life hard for the driver

J7166 likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For sure, doing it a couple of times in practice doesn't mean I could do it in a race :)

It's fair to point out they don't do standing starts, but if it is more difficult than it was (especially for auto clutch) it will be interesting to see what Marcel (or another dev) says regarding it.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  10. J7166

J7166 Registered

I think this whole thing goes well beyond a clutch issue. Just the BoP update in general, whatever S397 did, DRASTICALLY changed the way the GTE cars drive. This is undeniable. I don't think an explanation as to what changed and why is out of line. Marcel said he's going to address it next week, and im very interested in what he has to say.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They changed it for the RF24 to try and stop everyone working out which car was outright best for Le Mans and having everyone using the same car.

12. J7166

J7166 Registered

I genuinely hope that wasn't the reason behind the BoP.

13. J7166

J7166 Registered

As posted on the "whats happened to rf2" thread. Marcel has acknowledged there are issues with the GTE cars and they are working on resolving them. Head to the other forum for exact quotes from the man himself.

14. DirtyPotter

DirtyPotter Registered

is this bug still around? i read in some patch notes that they fixed some stuff in GTE-cars

15. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I can confirm that this bug is not fixed. The GTE still bog down when you want to do a burnout for example

DirtyPotter likes this.
  16. J7166

J7166 Registered

The bug is still around, imo anyway. However the handling issues that a lot of us thought could be a trickle down effect of the engine inertia bug been mostly been fixed.

DirtyPotter likes this.
  17. DirtyPotter

DirtyPotter Registered

One year later and i want to ask you guys: is the bug is still around?

18. J7166

J7166 Registered

The revs still drop very quickly, but most of the quirky physics issues have been resolved imo

DirtyPotter likes this.