GT500 Templates

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by FatCity, Jan 7, 2017.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Can anyone tell me or show me if there are any templates released for the Nissan SGT 500 car please?

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Not a official one, No.
    Can make one though. At last we have someone who actually knows that putting their livery on the Alpha channel "IS THE WRONG THING TO DO" .. Hahaha..... Sooo... We have a clean alpha channel to work with. And as a bonus the plates are 4096x4096. Not sure if there are anyone having lag and/or frame rate issue with these cars but that would be the reason why.

It seems all the templates are now not available through ISI / S397. They where in downloads but not anymore. Could be on Steam though?? Haven't look.

My hope is S397 are going over all the cars and replacing all those train wrecks. Really "bad" templates most of them. Bad mapping along with it. But looking at the GT500, there's some things done on that you wouldn't wish on your worse enemy. So.... not holding my breath on that one.

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

A few of the third party cars have links to download the template in the description notes. Not there for the Nissan GT500.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

We are working on it. :)

GrimDad and ADSTA like this.
  5. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I was able to make my own template by starting with the existing DDS in the team file and a file named R35_body.dds that I found in the SuperGt.mas. Final file was 2048x2048, but I wasn't really paying attention to the size to be honest. Skin works just fine. Hope the official templates going forward will inform us of all the files that are paintable, that would be great. So far the body skin, driver and helmet seem to be paintable and replaceable on the SGT500.

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Thanks Marcel. Good to know.

smbrm;
    The windscreen banner is replaceable also. Just built the temple for that.
    Going to have a look now at the rims. Probably need to scratch build that if it hasn't got that stupid blurr textures so we have to have three DDS file like AC. I hope not. Will see.

7. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Yes, I didn't do anything with the windshield banner. The rims do have the 3 blur dds. Those seems easy to repaint, but not knowing what or if the "extra" file name ought to be wasn't giving any joy to a paintable wheel rim. Whether wheel repainted rims can be made visible seems to be debatable due to the animation?

8. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Saddly in rF2 if rim is animated/blur effect added, its not paintable.

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well isn't this just a world of fun!
    How to take the ridiculous to the sublime. Just so it may look good in a screenshot.

Your going to need all these in the teams folder for each car you don't want to have black rims on.
    To make it paint able we'll need to make Rim00 template and the two spoke blurs. Not that hard but all six files will need to be in the teams folder provided all are set as WC (Wildcard) texture.

My biggest issue with this BS is when you include all textures like Helmet, Driver, Livery, Banner strip, It's all adding weight to each car folder. The more weight you have, the more your PC needs to run it. To do a grip of say 10 cars in fall racing colors (unlike what we have now) you'll get performance drop, Frame rate drop and a high possibility of the old rFactor1 demon, Lag.

And all this just to make a screenshot! When in reality, A real photo from a real camera, The rims aren't blurred at all unless the shatter speed is slowed. Then the hole car has a motion blur. All this blur stuff is BS and the prize is to high. We should have the option to do something now that we've been able to do for years but it's being lost because a small few are to lazy or stupid to photoshop a screenshot.

GT500_Rims.jpg

If you think I sound pissed? you'd be right! [​IMG]

10. smbrm

smbrm Registered

As mentioned in another discussion, it appears that the wheel covers ifor the MAK 962c are upgrades that are paintable and animated. The covers only seemed to need the 3 repainted cover.dds files to get the repainted covers in the mod. Appreciating the extra file load, I am trying to understand how the covers can be paintable animations while rims cannot? I fully appreciate it if the rims are just not paintable, I'm just curious why one animation is and another is not?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'm aware of that. I did the 787B Mazda.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  12. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Gijs, Thanks for the links but they need to be in a better place then here.
    Were did you get them from?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was looking forward to doing some liveries for the Nissan GT500. Unfortunately, like all the other ISI cars it has issues. Mirroring the side skirts is a major one. You may think I'm over picky but there are many other cars out there that are done with a little thought put in to them. So, For me, Why spend the hours it take doing liveries on the lesser of the two.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Would definitely help getting more nicely done skins if mirroring and other issues would be fixed. More people have bought rF2 now (like me) and livery making is "big business", but if its too complex and having important parts mirrored then people wont have the will to do it. Hopefully templates will be improved when the devs get the time.