GT3 TC question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlis Vitols, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

can someone explain me some concepts about traction control and abs levels for gt3 cars.
    1. witch way is faster : with higher TC and ABS or lower? (as concept not harder vs esier)
    2. why with high TC10 and ABS10 car on braking behaves like understeer, and easy rotates and spins if i brake to fast and lift off brakes too fast?
    with lower TC and ABS it feels like more driffting.

2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

TC cuts your engine power if it detects slip while applying throttle.
    So if out of a corner your rear wheels have slip, TC kicks in and cuts your engine power till the tires stop slipping.

ABS releases the brake when it detects locking while braking.
    So if you brake and one wheel will lock, ABS kicks in and releases the brake (a little bit) till the wheel starts spinning again.

That's the rough explanation how each system works.
    Now to your questions

1. which way is faster : with higher TC and ABS or lower? (as concept not harder vs esier)
    Normally you say low TC (and ABS) is faster because every time TC kicks in you lose power momentum.
    So on one lap you get the fastest laptime with TC off if you have a good feel for your throttle and how much the tires can handle at a given situation. However in a race with tire wear and stuff it's better to have TC on and adjust it to your needs (higher TC with worn tires etc.)
    If you drift and spin with TC off you will get (obviously) slower laptimes.
    The same with ABS. if you can handle it you get better results with low ABS. Or you lock the brakes and crash :) And don't forget the flat spots.

2. why with high TC10 and ABS10 car on braking behaves like understeer, and easy rotates and spins if i brake to fast and lift off brakes too fast?
    While I don't quit understand the question it sounds to me more like a setup problem than TC or ABS setting.
    Try to increase the diff preload so your car gets more understeer while braking and turning.