GT3, still some work to do. btw. Bent sounds awesome!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Sep 24, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 2020 Bentley represents the 2nd car to benefit from a fully updated PBR shader cockpit. (after the Ferrari 488 GTE) and it looks grand from the driver's seat. It also sounds fantastic. I've been missing that feeling of space that they seem to have gotten absolutely correct with this Bentley.
    It is still too soon to make a complete judgement, but I will present this. I put 32 GTE and GT3 cars out on the Sebring 12hr course and let them run a 1 hr practice session. At Sebring, there is usually about a 2 second per lap gap between the slowest GTE and the quickest GT3(GTD). This did not occur during my admittedly 1 practice session. 4 GT3 snuck into the top 10. There was a general pattern of GTE's occupying the upper half of the grid, but there were also some mired near the rear.
    I think this is a better performance sorting than we saw after the first GTE BOP, but is still a little less than ideal.
    Thanks for a great FREAKIN' car. and keep tweeking please.

GeraArg likes this.
  2. J7166

J7166 Registered

Not going to lie I was hoping there would be more of a pace gap between GTE and GT3 after this BOP. IMSA is my favorite series, and from what I understand the GTEs in rf2 are based off IMSA regs and rules, but it just doesn't work well in rf2. Would be nice to have some separation between the two classes pace wise. Maybe will the alien guys driving the cars there is a healthy gap between to two classes, but with AI it just doesn't really make exist, it's like 1 big GT class.

JRoque likes this.