GT3 Rear Wing getting stuck in Tire Wall?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by davehenrie, Nov 16, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At VIR on the longest configuration--The Grand Course, using the S397 Calloway, I had two soft spins that ended up with my car tagging the tire wall and the rear wing resting up against the tire wall. No amount of spinning, reversing, etc could get the car off the barrier except by pressing on the escape key.
    Is that a track problem? Or is something {invisible?}hanging off the Calloway's rear wing that is snagging the tires?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Bumping this up, I KNOW it's a 3rd party track, but it does involve a GT3 car from S397 so(GT3 Callaway Corvette) I'm adding this extra information.
    This is a repeatable problem that occurs when the rear wing contacts the tire wall. The car still runs, tires spin but I cannot get any forward progress. Specifically occurs at least T3 or Nascar corner of VIR. This time I spun and stopped before reaching the wall, so I put the car in reverse and slowly backed into the tire barrier. Then shifted to first gear and tried to leave. No go. The rear tires spin the the car reacts to some small bit of centrifical force but is not able to get away from the tire barrier.

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Have you tried this on any of the base content?

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It happens in silverstone, i posted a screenshot of this in discord once, this also happened with the corvette here

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

JUST got my wheel back and finally can test other locations. Will is correct. I pulled up next to the outside tirewall on the start finish straight at Silverstone. Put the car in reverse and slowly backed into the wall. Very soft contact, no damage. And the car was hung up on something. Everything still worked, you could see the car from exterior views react to the throttle, but so firmly stuck it went nowhere. I did get a pit message stating I should press the throttle & shift levers for a push from the pit crew...{badly paraphrased}. Later tonight I'll try other cars at Silver and then move on to Nola/Atlanta MP etc.