GT3 Pack Turbo Modeling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by villanix, Dec 13, 2017.

1. villanix

villanix Registered

I could be wrong here, but it doesn't seem to me that the RXC Turbo and the 650S, which are supposed to have turbocharging in real life, seem to have it in the pack. I'm partly basing this off of the fact that these cars don't show any turbo pressure in the HUD info.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

@villanix Impossible to tell because cars are all encrypted. But rF2 does have advanced turbo code for engine, so I see no reason why they wouldn't have used it if it's there in real life. If by HUD you mean the car HUD, it only supports basic things like lap times and rpm's. Even things like tire pressures only became available in the last build.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Engines in GT3 are limited to a certain horsepower so having an adjustable boost is probably not allowed. The organizers like Blancpain set the power levels and the teams may not alter those. So it really may BE a Turbo, just not an adjustable one.

4. villanix

villanix Registered

By HUD I meant to say that the GT HUD that has a turbo pressure gauge. It shows turbo pressure in pretty much all other GT3 mods that have turbos, but not on the new GT3 pack. It's not really a huge deal whether it's there or not because if Assetto Corsa is anything to go by, then the GT3 cars don't really have much turbo lag, but properly having turbo simulation can really have an affect on the cars' driving styles, and I can't feel any real delay in power delivery of any of the GT3 cars in the new pack, which is kinda weird.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

That's a good point!

I haven't driven these cars a single virtual meter because they don't really float my boat... Nor do the Formula E cars... But I love rFactor 2 and I love S397s work so far - so I've bought everything to support as much as possible...

I just took the 650 out and it doesn't build pressure - that is a little bit embarrassing to say the least. Back to rF1 and faked torque curves hæhæ... I'm sure there's a reason for it - time and deadlines having to be reached yesterday or something like that.
    Still, I expect the highest fidelity from paid-for cars. Oh, and taking full advantage of the wonderful physics engine we have here!

6. villanix

villanix Registered

I think this is a case of just balance of performance going too far, I'd rather drive in a race with slightly mismatched cars and have a more interesting race rather than lose accuracy from the real life counterparts to the point that a car that has the word 'Turbo' in it doesn't actually have it in the sim.