GT3 Pack AI crashes

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Moriz Mehl, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Hi, since the release of the GT3 Pack the AI behaves in a very strange way, sliding around a lot and spinning through certain corners. This happens for example at Malaysia, Atlanta MP and Matsusaka. Does anybody else experience this or is there a possible solution? Any help would be much appreciated since this is making the Pack unplayable for me. (sry if this has been asked before, I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything)

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

sometimes the AIW file was created for another kind of car. You can see this with the GT3 cars at Limerock. They swing wide just before the downhill run and often dip a wheel over the edge of the pavement causing either a spin or a big wobble. But if you take the US2000 cars there, they run right to the edge and dive down the hill.
    We may have to start some sort of user project to create AIW files for specific carsets.

Wanderer likes this.
  3. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have found this happens with other car and track combinations not just the GT3 pack. I can live with most of them. The worst one I have come across is the Mak-Corp Group C cars and La Grande, 1967 Le Mans, on the last set of corners that go past the house on the left and the building on the right. They just start to turn in far too early and hit the wall and crash and then return to the pits and never go out again. They never complete any more than 3 laps. I now this combo never happened in real life but I enjoy driving the Porsche around this track. Its impossible for the developers to test every car and track combo. I think some of the problem is that cars are different widths so some are further over the kerbs than others.

4. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

What stuns me is that it happens with the official S397 content, this really should not happen. I've also seen some races with ai on YouTube on said car/track combinations and the issues weren't present there... It makes me sad because I bought the GT3 Pack and it is fantastic but I just can't use it atm (2 or more cars spinning out per lap kills the immersion):(

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

By my long-term experience with rF2 it can happen that the installation can be screwed-up somehow
    what leads to described AI-behavior.
    Try to delete your Player.JSON . The game will create a new one on startup.
    But notice: All graphical settings will be gone! Save old Player.json in a temporary place.
    If necessary you can read your settings from there and fill it in the new file.
    If that does not help you should try a fresh installation (after steam-deinstall delete all remaining files manually!
    Before make a copy of your UserData folder so that setups etc. arent gone!).

6. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Tried everything, to no avail. Thanks for the tips but I think I'll take a break from rfactor2 now, it's just too frustrating...

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  7. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

The Callaway Corvette cannot take Suzuka's Degner 2, so I've had to remove it from GT3 races there. The other GT3s seems relatively OK with the Degner curves thankfully.

8. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

A little update on this: the issue seems to be related to the ai strength setting. 95% at Malaysia - perfect AI, 100% - total chaos. I'm sooo annoyed I can't play my favourite racing sim pls help S397 :-(

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly, backup your player.JSON file to a safe place (located in this folder: DRIVE\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player) and start RF2, this will create a fresh/default player.JSON and see if the chaos is the same.

Secondly and if it is the same is there any way you could record a Video of it please? Thanks

10. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

I already tried deleting the .JSON and even a full reinstall (see above;))

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok thanks, do those spins happen to every AI car? If not which specific AI cars (Mod and Car) are spinning? Thanks

12. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

I think all of the GT3 AI are spinning at some tracks (doesn't appear to be related to drivers/variants). Most other mods seem fine although I have noticed some issues with the Howston AI at some tracks (e.g. Atlanta MP where they just drive off the track in the last 2 corners and hit the wall)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok thanks I'll have a look at the GT3 pack at Malaysia tomorrow, I have seen them have issues there before the recent build so it maybe a case of the AIW file needing to be tweaked.

14. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Thanks a lot maybe Atlanta MP as well that'd be fantastic :D!

MarcG likes this.
  15. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

The most spins occur for the Merc

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah the Mercs at that corner (Malaysia) are having trouble in 1109 & 1110 so it's nothing Build related, more so that the AIW may need tweaking I believe, I've passed it on to Studio397 but no promises as to when it may get fixed.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. Ai´s not able to take curbs as described in another thread.

18. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

Whatever the cause I'm happy it's being looked at!

19. Pales

Pales Registered

Has this been addressed yet? Judging from tests, it is still a problem with the cars on all tracks for ai.. They're just way too slidey...

ECAR_Tracks likes this.