GT3 Engine Damage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcoSaupe, Dec 22, 2017.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

we are currently running a small GT3 league with 75 min races, I'm driving the Bentley... and in both races so far I got sudden engine damage with 20/30 minutes left, motor simply shut off, no fire, no smoke, temps were fine, nothing but silence and the engine in the damage display was red...

The last time I had an engine related DNF in a league race in rF2 was in 2012; I've done lots of races with many different cars (historic F2, F3, Brabham, Megane, Flat 6, USF2000), but no problems of that kind.

Is there anything special with the GT3 cars or the Bentley in particular, that you have to do to keep the engine healthy?

Yes, I know there is a copy protection that detonates your engine (or was that rF1?) but my copy of rF2 is legit, and as I said, the Bentley is the only car that shows this problem...

Cu
    Marco

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'd expect them to have 25 hours of lifetime at least. So you either did some mad downshifts or ran a mix of time acceleration and mechanical failure set to time scale or something like that

3. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

I now watched the replay, and there was smoke coming out of the engine, it started when downshifting for a corner, but I didn't see anything too special at my downshifts, the other cars were similar. Shouldn't those cars have rev limiters to prevent this kind of damage? I also have Auto Blip/Clutch, and we don't run accelerated failures.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Did you check temperature?
    Downshift protection is not present in rF2

5. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Temperatures were fine. Well, I guess I'll have to see if it happens again, or if it was just some bad luck.