GT3 cars low FFB force around center on DFGT wheel

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alex72, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Really digging the GT3 cars. However i have noticed the center have really low FFB on these cars. Thought maybe i had to "reset" some wheel config file after newly installed files but it seems other older ISI cars etc have good strength around center.

Is there some trick except minimum force? I raised minimum force a lot and only the AMG get the oscillation at around 3 and above while the other cars i can go to 10-12 minimum force and still no oscillation which means its pretty weak around center wheel. Going through chicanes and smaller corners its really hard when you dont feel the car in the wheel much.

Crappy wheel, i know, but perhaps there is some trick out there or perhaps these cars can get a boost in strength center wheel from the devs. :)

2. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Have you tried the minimum ffb strength?

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yep. I wrote it in my post above. :)

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Try raising the ffb mult, or decreasing the wheel range

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ive done it. Clipping and curbs kill the motors. :D

Annoying. Love these cars. :(

6. kimbo

kimbo Registered

And decreasing the wheel range?

Alex72 likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah i didnt test that. How do i do it? Just the lock? Like untick "vehicle set" and set a lower value? Or i think maybe it was something else... Even something you told me before on the Radical SR3 that made it better?

8. kimbo

kimbo Registered

At controller settings -vehicle set, descheck , or look at the options in the garage range wheel/loock (sorry by my english)

Alex72 likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Try the GT3 Radical, it felt, to me, to have the most consistent ffb on my Logi G25. The Corvette and the Merc seemed to have a light feel near the center with the Merc having a slight rumble all the time. The Bentley was fine once I upped the ffb in the options, but prior to that, it had the weakest ffb out of the box. I'll have to go back and re-drive the Mclaren to see if it matches the Radical. The Radical felt as if I was always getting at least some feedback from the wheel, even from the center. This is the way I always thought FFB should react. The Radical feels very similar to the US2000k ffb which again,imho, should be the way a car's tires direct info to the steering wheel..
    The worst S397 example was the original release of the Nissan GT500. Those tires seemed to skid rather than grip the asphalt. The feel improved with an update, but I'm not sure it ever equaled US2k or now the GT3 Radical.

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I did enjoy the Radical. I will have to tweak a little more because even though i think also it had pretty good FFB but close to center it was a bit weak as well. Maybe not as the others, but i reacted when going especially through fast chicanes that the feeling of the cars is low when turning just a little, but when hitting curbs my wheel almost fall off the table because FFB is so strong on curbs and im scared of touching them, lol. Upping the smoothing to remove some of the harshness from curbs remove also the feeling from the tarmac.

I just dont think rF2 is a DFGT sim. :D I'll soon step up to a mid-qual wheel before going DD.