GT3 BOP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Black Flag!:D

GoldenBear likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

To answer generally: (I didn't quote anyone)

1. People watch real life racing and think cars have lots of grip because no one spins out or gets visibly sideways, not realising that small sideways moments are difficult to see from trackside cameras, and real race drivers make a living out of approaching the limit but rarely exceeding it. (or exceeding it only slightly, very often)

2. People drive a car for 20 mins in a game and feel like they're going fast, and haven't spun or understeered off the track, and say it has too much grip. This ignores the fact that they haven't given themselves enough time to adjust to the car (or, the fact it's faster than they're used to), and belies some strange belief that a car that ever gets sideways will always be sliding around.

3 (if I can sneak one in). When you tell someone why they're slower, or not reaching the limits of the car, like "you're braking a little too early" they'll wait half a second longer next time and say "well that just doesn't work."

@GoldenBear can you stick to one post at a time? It's confusing when people post multiple times. You can type one reply, then hit Reply on another post and it'll pop in under what you already typed.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Yup, can confirm every point, thanks for clarification.^^

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

SRCA Race 1 at Silverstone I went through turn one on full opposite lock in the Porsche GT3

They don't have 'too much grip', you really are not going fast enough to test the limits of what is and isn't possible.

SVG at Bathurst a couple of years ago. Cooked it and wrecked the race.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

GT3 BOP update/changes tonight.

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

They have too much grip to make it interesting for me.

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

BoP may be an improvement, remains to be seen.
    But through my experience of racing these cars I would say this BoP screams "1-lap pace".
    Meaning they did not take into account that some cars really suffer during long runs, while others maintain performance very well.
    The result of this I expect to be that the Merc will remain unusable while the BMW will suddenly become a hero.
    The BMW did not have the 1-lap pace of the Aston or McLaren but during a long run it could hold it's own so I liked racing that car and was competitive in it.
    So that was a very drastic buff and a good indication what they based their BoP off.

pedro ramada likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I can drive the corvette on a short testtrack as fast or faster as before (where acceleration / torque should matter!)
    Porsche (being not competitive anyway in a stint imo) got really bad now, but only ~half torque penalty as corvette is claimed.
    Does not make sense to me....

pedro ramada likes this.
  9. DracoTorre

DracoTorre Registered

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

So let's have a look based off my own experience only, for the laughs and giggles, and take it for what it's worth
    • Radical RXC GT3: -30kg weight penalty
    Yeah, it needed a buff.
    Time will tell if too drastic or not.
    Not too thrilled seeing as I consider this a fantasy car more than anything else but hey, it got built and someone bought it.
    • BMW M6 GT3: -30kg weight penalty
    Just no.
    For one lap the BMW is left behind but for a race stint it maintains performance better than most other cars out there so this is too much of a buff.
    • McLaren 650S GT3: -5kg weight penalty.
    Whatever
    • Audi R8 LMS GT3 2018: +5kg weight penalty.
    No.
    Good on one lap, loses pace pretty quickly.
    To maintain speed one have to sacrifice a lot of the great handling of the base setup.
    Probably trying to bring it in line with the 2019 version but they'd prob have been better off reducing the weight of that by 5kgs instead.
    I wouldn't mind the Audi generally being left as is, had the 720S which is clearly better in the race not got the same treatment.
    • Porsche 991 GT3-R: -1.5% engine torque/power output.
    lol
    One of the fastest one-lappers and one of the worst over a long run gets the nerf bat
    Let it go cry in the corner
    • Bentley Continental GT3: +10kg weight penalty, -2% engine torque/power output.
    Hated it so avoided racing it so can't say.
    • Callaway C7 GT3-R: -2.5% engine torque/power output
    Should still be ok, not sure if totally necessary.
    No longer OP at Daytona wink wink
    • Aston Martin Vantage GT3: +15kg weight penalty
    Sure

"The Unchanged"
    McLaren 720s GT3

OK, this could work now, the 720S will prob beat the Aston in quali and maybe match it for long runs.
    Unfortunately the 720S was already very good meaning the rest of the field, save for the M6, will still be staring at it's exhausts.

Mercedes AMG GT3
    Really?
    Unchanged?
    What you guys smoking.
    Ever driven it beyond 1 lap?
    Do you see many of these being raced?
    No?
    Want me to tell you why?

They say opinions are like a**** and everybody has one,so this is mine cheers.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  11. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

S397 have yet to do one BOP correctly, so this botched attempt is simply continuing the status quo and was expected. How about fixing your last BOP of the GTE/LMP2 cars so you can get them moving from a stop? Sigh

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Not good. not good... I remember when I raced very actively in AC in Aloog servers, they used to nicely BOP very different cars multiple times per week just for a fun evening racing. No announcements needed, no roadmaps written. Of course it wasn't necessarily same for all possible race tracks. It is literally this small, and yet I see people unhappy. One word comes in question - competence ? Perhaps the only way way to go without ruining the cars is to allow players to make bop manually.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

Or just lack of resources. They'd probably need to a hire a test driver full time doing these BoP tweakings, especially with the increased number of events and increased cars and tracks. It's probably not possible for a small studio to hire a full time tester just for this.

14. pyr0m4tic

pyr0m4tic Registered

I have a question regarding the statement "Unchanged are the McLaren 720s GT3, Audi R8 LMS GT3 2019 and Mercedes AMG GT3. Expect these updates to come in later this evening."

Have the missing vehicles been updated yet? Maybe they don't get an update?

Does anyone know more?

15. Russell lowe

Russell lowe Registered

I think Alot of rf2s problems lay in the hands of the testers, I think S397 have to seriously look into said testers, or the methods employed, across everything

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, those mentioned cars are not getting any changes.

The "these updates" means the other cars. It's confusingly written.

18. Travis

Travis Registered

Any ETA on the update?

Edit: will look at my Steam settings.

Thanks @davehenrie

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The updates have already been pushed out Travis. Do you have automatic updates in Steam disabled? They were released the night of the Roadmap, as promised.

Travis likes this.
  20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

"Just because we're not saying anything or not releasing anything doesn't mean we're not working on it. some work on the GTE cars (balancing them) has already started, some things we really need to investigate a bit more before we can say what's up"
    Offermans, M (2020)

GoldenBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.