GT3 Bentley and paint issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by flyfisho, Feb 15, 2019.

1. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Getting this error message when using the localhost car paint editor.
    All the steps for paint followed
    alt_gus.dds in DTX5
    alt_gus_region.dds in DTX1
    Not sure what the prob is?

upload_2019-2-16_10-40-17.png
    upload_2019-2-16_10-41-12.png

2. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Might i ad though after it goes white if i reload the car/skin i can edit it with the Localhost editor but the regions i assigned do not work properly.

3. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah - for me the Bentley is suddenly broken too... the editor tells me ...
    upload_2019-2-16_1-18-58.png

no idea what happened... created many new cars, painted a new test skin but everytime he tells me car not supported... other cars are working!

4. Hocician

Hocician Registered

and the error message from your first picture came too

5. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Yeah it all worked fine earlier then started getting the error message.
    I get the car not supported only when i swap between alt and the original. But when i got back to alt i can reload it.
    However after the gMotor error i have had some success after reloading my alt skin.
    The below was edited with the Localhost editor
    upload_2019-2-16_11-54-15.png
    upload_2019-2-16_11-54-47.png
    upload_2019-2-16_11-55-25.png
    upload_2019-2-16_11-55-51.png

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I found out yesterday that you get the gmotor error if you don't have (or create) a MAS file with the same prefix as your main skin.

If you follow the tutorial and make sure you create a new Driver, you'll find the default alt.MAS file in the relevant folder. If you copy/rename this to alt_yourfilename.MAS, you should (in my limited experience) avoid the gmotor thing.

7. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Cheers MileSeven.
    The name im using is not even remotely close to the original (alt_gus.dds). I have created a new Car/Team?driver and have done it many times before for skinning purposes. When the reload button is pressed it auto generates the MAS file according to the changes applied with the Localhost.
    To be honest mine doesnt always create a new Drive/team when i try. There has to be an error somewhere. Even when i load the alt skin into the alternate folder it wont even see it in the tunning, so i have to reload to see the skin then.
    I found a work around for the errors, its not ideal but it works.
    I delete the MAS file it creates while im working on the skin with the Localhost the when im satisfied with the skin i reload and it saves the new MAS file and seems to work.
    I have had friends with the same issue so it is not a local issue.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@flyfisho you generally get the problem where the car won't show up in the car list if you have named the driver with an existing name. All driver names need to be unique for them to show up. Hope this helps.

9. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

Cheers JimmyT
    Worked that one out now, i must be having a blonde moment.
    So at the end of the day why am i getting this gMotor 2 error with the localhost and the game. I have also worked out i have no metallic flakes?
    Its all slightly bugging me whilst im trying to do new skins.

10. flyfisho

flyfisho Registered

No one has an answer to this?
    Its not just limited to me this issue

11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Yep I get the gmotor error but if you click OK then reload the skin it should clear. Caveat: You have to create your driver and then exit the garage and select the new car for all this to work. Metal flake only works on the black material region and "car paint".(so I'm lead to believe) I have had to change the colour of the flake and OK to make this work sometimes (maybe when I change the function of the material ie make black matte paint then change back to car paint) then change it back to what I want.
    Hope this helps.
    I really haven't had any major issue with the new system except when I have finger faults or brain farts at my end. If I slow down and go through the steps again making sure I don't try shortcuts, it all works out. (I'm an old fart though so it takes a while to learn new things). :oops:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Hocician likes this.