CS-closed GT Pro Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upload_2020-11-9_11-59-20.png
    Partly cloudy but with a slight chance of rain (and yes that is what you get - a chance).

2. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Are we gonna use the newly added GT chicane for Nurburgring?

And can we limit the fastest lap award only for the points scorers? Someone just puts new tires on and goes for it from the back, makes no sense really.

3. Yes GP and no chicane.
    No it wont be limited, if a driver cant fight for a win he can try different things. We could remove it and add it to random drivers for something else, but not everything has to be for drivers who win, on podium etc etc.

Erhan Jajovski likes this.
  4. Joonas Raivio

Joonas Raivio Registered

So is it the slow or fast chicken now? There's no such layout as GP without chicken.:)

5. haha, yeah sorry fast chicane (latest addition)

Remco Majoor and Joonas Raivio like this.
  6. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

@Marek Lesniak Can you update the dirty air so it isnt instant death while following another car?

7. Send me examples from replay please. Just server timestamp, you can even just put them in IRR and post EXAMPLE as text. But only you, rest will be ignored as i need this from one person.

8. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Not sure what a replay would help. The Corvette also loses massively more of rear downforce vs the front. Just takes a simple motec file to confirm and 1-2 lines in the .hdv to fix.
    Just asked Dennis Lind, he confirmed that its normal for GT3 cars to lose more front downforce than rear in dirty air. Ideally such things would be quality-checked on the production line, but if you could give forward this information directly then would be very cool, hopefully a quick fix! Pretty significant priority since there are 100+ guys competing with these cars at the moment, fixing this would definatley help the racing.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  9. Risto, I asked Martin to send me examples, where I literately can see it in action, I am not a car dev - so its not in my power to change that in the base car - I simpy just want to see it in action if its that bad. And yes i know how to change it, i did it for VEC.

10. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

We are sliding, drifting and losing the car the car in clean air too because rF2. Also possible to cook the rears in dirty air and then lose the car later while in clean air because thermal deg.
    Car doesn't look any different in replay when it has 47:53 or 53:47 aero balance, nor does it do a a wheelie or a backflip when in dirty air, so it's not possible to "see" the problem in a replay.

11. Ok, i will dismiss and let the car devs handle this instead.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  12. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I created a thread in the technical issues section of this forum if that is the correct way to approach this. Your efforts and powers to influence the car devs to notice this problem are still much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  13. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

14. 7 posts up - its the "no chicane" aka the fast chicane. Updating workshop now as there is a slight adjustment to cut tracks, same we used for VEC.

15. There updated

16. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Put it in the first post or it will be asked again ;)

Nico Barclay likes this.
  17. upload_2020-11-23_10-40-22.png
    Also announced in briefing, but for good measures here is the weather

Erhan Jajovski and Joonas Raivio like this.
  18. Erhan Jajovski

We need winter tires for this round

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

You would, if track temps actually affect tire temps :D

20. Erhan Jajovski

When can we expect IRR for last round to be posted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.