CS-closed GT Pro Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First batch of of BOP (GT Pro only, meaning you cant see the other upcoming changes in Challenge - you will get them as soon as possible - but probably next week).
    Callaway: +15 kg
    BMW: +5 kg
    Ferrari: 0 kg
    Porsche: -10 kg

Now I understand you want to say your car is now too slow and the other cars are too fast or this is bad bop. BOP is a work in progress regardless of what you say, it can never be perfect but we (in the comps) try to balance it as good as we can.

2. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Promised and delivered! Thank you very much :)

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I guess for next season: Pick the second or third fastest car. Then you know you’ll get a leg up hahaha

4. Thats a way to do it. But honestly you can't blame drivers for picking the Callaway, it is so planted and easy to drive out of the box and its even better than most. We are not talking super much, which is why its not destroyed with the BOP. But yeah someone said to me... its a never ending story.. and it really is. BOP will always happen and yes we also look at who is driving it vs other cars, but i think we all can agree its the fastest.
    or even the slowest... ;)

5. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

It comes to my attention track limits will change for the race tomorrow evening. Altho I don't see a problem with changing the limit the game is providing, I do not agree with them changing in such a short notice. People are putting real life time and effort into making sure a good race can be provided (and eventually promoting rF2). Is it possible to announce and commit the change 1 week before the actual race? So people with jobs and other real life commitments have time to adapt?

6. No, it will be updated when and if I find a reason to update it. Pro should be able to adjust to these lines as they are called Pro?
    Pro drivers earn money by racing and therefor should actually expect to be challenged more ;) But its really is not a big deal, go check it out because:

Workshop updated

7. arneschoonvliet

The problem isn't the fact we can't adjust. The problem is that people with more free time, now have more time to adjust and I think that's an unfair advantage. As you say we are pro drivers, so every kind of advantage can be a big deal and by announcing and committing to track limits 1 week before race day you level the playground in that regard.

I'm unable until race evening to do laps.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  8. I will try to announce things as soon as i can for sure.
    But it would be the same on race day. Sorry i cant plan everything around how every single driver can. What if another driver cant do laps in the week before the race, just on race day?
    Other tracks wont really change - and try this track please.. i doubt there is much change in driving that is needed

9. arneschoonvliet

I'm not expecting you to plan when every driver can do laps. Hence why I'm suggesting to limit the time when changes can happen. As you say we are pro's so you can expect a certain professionalism. So I think you can also expect drivers to do laps 1 week before the actual race. If they don't, then it's the decision from the driver.

But let me be clear, if any other solution is possible then I'm happy to got that way. I'm not trying to push towards one solution and try to keep every option open. But changing it this late is giving other people an unfair advantage.

0.150s difference in qualifying speed is the difference between a p5 or a p15 start position. So every change so late can have big consequences.

10. But a consequence that hits all entries?
    If i can do it i will, but sometimes changes has to come late though. I tried to give everyone a heads up and released the BOP late tuesday, which i could have waited to do on raceday. Sometimes things will change late, this wont be the last time. But first and only time so far this season right ;)

11. arneschoonvliet

Not all entries.
    You mention on discord we will use the same track limits from previous season. So I don't understand why to apply it so late?
    Releasing the BOP tuesday was indeed the correct thing to do. I don't see any reason why it should have been delayed up until race day?

It is the first time, yes. Hence why I'm here trying to get something to happen so these changes are also following a certain framework / ruleset. So it does happen in a certain pattern and it gives everyone an equal chance to adapt towards it.

12. Kahel

Kahel Registered

What Arne says... is not that unreasonable... You try to defend your position Jimmi, that's fair... we all tend to do it naturally.
    But try to take a step back...

And I'm sure we can agree... it's already harder for people with less available time... let's try avoiding making it even harder.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  13. Its like you guys dont read my post
    "I will try to announce things as soon as i can for sure" if i cant then no - if i have to change things on race day i will. Nothing can stop me from fixing a thing that needs to be fixed.
    So i say "Yes i will announce it as soon as i can but if i need to update ANYTHING on raceday i will" its as simple as that.
    Time is a factor for everyone also me, even though i fixed this on a sunday, sometimes other things have priority and other things needs to be fixed as well.

Also if you are racing in GT Pro or Challenge you need to update your name here on the forum, as i need to know who i am talking too and not a random nick name.
    Also again try the track please - i made changes TODAY (not last season) so you might not get a cut penalty going wide in T10.. try the track please.

14. arneschoonvliet

Then why do you need to change the track? And why is it so late known right before race day? Zero indication on official forum (or unofficial discord) that track limits were going to be an issue on VIR. No official server is being run so no way to officially monitor if the certain parts are getting extended.

I see no reason (officially) to change anything on the track.

15. We can go on and on like this for a long time though so: You see no reason for it, well I do - and that's just when we have to agree to disagree.

16. arneschoonvliet

Agree

Is there any opening on improving when changes happen on a car or track. So this doesn't need to happen in the future anymore? Only on very extreme problems.

17. What do you mean, perhaps this answers it? i will try and update the mod after the previous race in challenge/pro if there is any BOP or any track changes - again try. Nurb will be similar to VEC cuts, so a bit more harsh in the chicane, Indy i am not sure yet and WIP on Spa, hopefully it wont need anything.

18. arneschoonvliet

Yes this answers my request. The sooner you can apply them, the better. How opener the communication about changes, the better. It's beneficial for everyone.

19. Exactly see - we do agree, just not on this single event where i had to push it today :)
    As i said dont worry i will try and post things and update as soon as i can.

20. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Fair decision... it was only a matter of recognizing the issue and defining some guide lines... which you did. Now, that's absolutely clear... :D

About the nickname... no need to worry... just a concerned viewer.

Even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it... the work you do is very appreciated. Wasn't trying to undermine that at all... just saying, in case my comment felt duchy.

Keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.