OPEN GT Challenge Series

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Jimmi Allison, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Jimmi Allison

Jimmi Allison Administrator Staff Member

I dont know how your calculator works, but Libre Office, excel and my windows calc comes up with this
    upload_2020-3-25_8-35-24.png
    And he is even 8th if you let the position figure out the tie.

Participation means you have participated in one way or another, so if i see you in the results, you get points for being there.
    A simple mistake, its not super rocket science, its manual adding points to a sheet.

Alexey Kutsak likes this.
  2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

Ok, so I have recorded a lap in the practice session, after that I couldn't get back due to game issues, can I be awarded the points?

I know there is a drop round but losing those points basically puts me in split 2 for the rest of the season as it seems like they count for promotion/demotion, because Christian Malghera was dropped to split 2 as well despite being 24th in points scored when not counting participation points.

3. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Promotion and Demotion are solely based on the position-points from the last 2 races. The participation points are only relevant for the overall points at the end of the season. @Matheus Machado

As an example: You could go from Split 3 to Split 2 in the first 2 races, then miss round 3 & 4 which would drop you back down into split 3 and finally promote back up into split 2 in the last 2 races. Obviously you won't have enough overall points to get a shot at Pro-Split with this, but that is generally really hard if you're not in Split 1 from the start.

Hope that helps.

Here's also the official explanation:

"While the Challenge Series has an overall ranking which determines who goes up to Pro Series or Relegation after the Season (which is 6 Rounds long), after every 2nd race we are looking at the points accumulated in just those 2 races to determine the promotion/demotion between splits. Means, if you are Top 5 of split 2 in terms of scoring in those 2 races, you will start in split 1 for the next races, if you are (as another example) bottom 5 of split one in terms of scoring in the last 2 races, you will start in split 2 in the next races. As you can see, the grids in Challenge are more fluid and with this we try to always match you with a great group to race. Promotion/Demotion between split 1 and Pro Series only happens once a season tho, after all rounds have been finished, based on Overall Points."

4. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado Registered

The way I read I understood the same, but seeing Chris Sheperd is still listed as split 1 while having scored 5 points in both races participation aside, I assume it does take participation points into account.

5. Michael Roellin

Michael Roellin Registered

Then I may be wrong and stand corrected if that is indeed the case.