CS-closed GT Challenge - Season 5

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At least you chart doesn't show dh flinching while following the 2nd place car into the braking zone at the start and moving inside which comprimised dh's braking and he smacking into the wall and bolluxed EVERYONE's race.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just a reminder, You must not use the RELEASE CANDIDATE when joining CS events or the online practice servers.

3. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

how can i enter in split when session is alive and i see message you are registered? I was in competition system at 20:55pm... and maybe missed countdown.

4. You can't enter after the countdown is done. Unless you have registered.

5. Benjamin Praité

Benjamin Praité Registered

8:42 min race on split 2. The Ferrari pushes me from the inside following its failed braking when I gave it room to get in but not hit me. watch the action, thanks.

6. What is this?
    You need to report it according to the rules please.

7. Briefing: (Laguna Seca)
    Exception to rule!!

Sector 1 and sector 2, follow normal procedure, double file and stay close. As you approach Sector 3 please catch up so you all can go on pitlimiter when you enter sector 3. You need to stay on limiter until you hear green flag from game procedure. This means once you exit last turn - you need to stay on limiter, so stay close before the turn, but be aware of the accordian effect.
    Qualifying time: 7:30
    Race time: 8:00
    upload_2023-4-10_8-41-47.png

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2023
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@CLAVELLIER You should be reporting that through the proper method per the first post. Trial by forum doesn't usually end well.

10. This, post removed

11. 1.4 rulebook updated in regards to formation lap

12. Jan-Niklas Weiter

Jan-Niklas Weiter Registered

Must be the first penalty ever that leaves me truly speechless.
    Trying to overtake at Turn 6 is already the first problem here from my POV. Nevertheless, I'm not blocking Kerjean, I'm opening up before the corner entry and can't go any wider at racing speed without leaving the track at the exit. If Kerjean wouldn't have hitten the curb by himself we would have collided anyway, given his speed and the angle at which he attacked the turn. The only option for me would have been to massively slow down and let him by, but as he's barely alongside I don't see why I should be the one yielding the position there. So maybe somebody else could explain how I caused the "AC" there...

Yeahhh compressed WhatsApp footage but you get the point

Daniel Erstling likes this.
  13. No one say yield but you need to follow this rule
    1.2. Entering a corner, the passing driver must at least get their front wheels even with the rear wheels of the car they are passing before the point of the apex of the corner, to have earned the right to a lane. At this point the driver being passed is responsible to leave a lane open.

14. Jan-Niklas Weiter

Jan-Niklas Weiter Registered

Well, I still think that there is no way you're able to go two wide into that fast and tight kink at full racing speed. As I've already said before, even if I would have left a bit more space and somehow would have been able to stay on track I would've got collected. You just have to look at the angle the other car is trying to take the turn. So I don't think this rule can be applied for every turn and or every incident. Just take the Verstappen/Hamilton crash at Silverstone in 2021 as another example. But it is what it is now.

15. upload_2023-4-17_8-53-19.png
    Todays weather. Overcast and 6 degress

Please also review the updated starting procedure as per rule 1,4 (link to rulebook in first post)

16. laekwondo

laekwondo Registered

You mean Rule: "9.3.1. Formation lap into rolling start, drivers must perform the formation lap with the Pit Limiter activated.", 1.4 is about spinning on track.
    So we now do the whole formation lap with pit limiter on?

Edit: oh now I get it, it is version 1.4 of the rules... never mind :D

17. Exactly :)