CS-closed GT Challenge - Season 5

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 21, 2023.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Go to the comp system page on the main menu, one of the options will include a countdown timer. It's 11am Pacific time for the USofA

2. A general driver briefing

Qualifying: Private and follow the track layout, do not cut across off track parts.
    Race: The pole sitter may start the race when the green calls green flag.
    - Race start is an in game controlled formation lap and then rolling start
    - Both races: Formation lap into rolling start, pole sitter should do 100-120 km/h unless told otherwise.
    Drivers are expected to stay on the server from the practice session ahead of qualification for race 1 until the end of race 2.
    Game controls cut tracks – unless we find you doing something out of the ordinary.
    The race 2 grid will be decided by a top 10 reverse grid from qualifying.

This is round 1 - take care into turn 1!!

Join our discord here: http://discord.gg/rfactor2

Weather Long Beach
    upload_2023-3-27_8-40-38.png

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  3. Updated schedule in first post. ONE warmup session is removed (first one between qualifying and race 1)

4. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Jimmi, this cannot happen, the server has to let you in again, many things happened to us such as disconnections when changing rooms or in my case the steering wheel turned off in race 1 with 1 minute left and I had to exit the game to that it be fixed because it was not fixed without closing the game, and I find that I cannot return to the circuit or in the warmaup before race 2 or anything...

5. What does change room mean? you mean session?
    I hope you run tracelog, then report it in bugreports please. Unless you / we can reproduce and show devs the issue they can't fix it.

6. laekwondo

laekwondo Registered

Did the servers crash? 20min left of the 45min race and all of the sudden everyone was disconnectin... sad as I was having the race of my life at P2 with a decent 10sec gap to P3 behind

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yeesh! Perhaps you should only reverse the TOP 10 finishers from the sprint race. My apologies to everyone's race that I ruined.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  8. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

In my split race2 everyone, except me and Cedric, lost connection and DNF.

9. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

Yes, I was referring to session change, but that was not my case, what I mean is that if I exit the menu or the game due to a problem, then I can rejoin the second race in the warmup before starting the session career, my frustration was not being able to join again due to a problem.

10. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

Here is my trace file for the grid bug. I cooled down since the race so I don't want the next bit to sound passive aggressive because it's not, can we expect some kind of announcement regarding the grid sorting before next race?

Attached Files:

Matthias Weber likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Oh and my BMW M4 GT3 was not showing labels from inside the cockpit.

12. Christophe Morainville

Christophe Morainville Registered

For some reason, the competition system didn't register me with my full name but just my first name "Christophe" and now i have to change back to "first name last name" in the game profile each time i boot RF2.
    I'm nowhere in the standings too, just present in the entries list as "Christophe" in the AMG :/
    Anything i can try on my end before the next race ?

13. pace_car

pace_car Registered

on splitt 5 race2 , the reversed grid was initally loaded correctly at the beginning of warmup session
    (if you ignore the drivers not on the server) ,
    but towards the end of the session a 2nd script was runned with some strange sequence
    basically wiping out what the first script had done.

regards
    joris

1st script
    4416.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Joris Scheepvaart moved to position 1 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Joris Scheepvaart moved to position 1 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Hugo Giardini moved to position 2 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Hugo Giardini moved to position 2 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Michael Slot moved to position 3 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Michael Slot moved to position 3 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jura Laakkonen moved to position 4 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jura Laakkonen moved to position 4 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Vic Phil moved to position 5 on the grid by the administrator
    4416.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Vic Phil moved to position 5 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Rodrigo Garcia moved to position 6 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Rodrigo Garcia moved to position 6 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jerome Prioleau moved to position 8 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jerome Prioleau moved to position 8 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Yanis Drobinski moved to position 9 on the grid by the administrator
    4417.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Yanis Drobinski moved to position 9 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Bourel Dorian moved to position 11 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Bourel Dorian moved to position 11 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: TECHER moved to position 12 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: TECHER moved to position 12 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: cedric moved to position 13 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: cedric moved to position 13 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jérome Delbarre moved to position 14 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jérome Delbarre moved to position 14 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Curtis-L. Diver moved to position 15 on the grid by the administrator
    4418.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Curtis-L. Diver moved to position 15 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Thibaut Revelant moved to position 16 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Thibaut Revelant moved to position 16 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Pedro Rivas moved to position 18 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Pedro Rivas moved to position 18 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Patrick Bardet moved to position 19 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Patrick Bardet moved to position 19 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Nicolas moved to position 20 on the grid by the administrator
    4419.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Nicolas moved to position 20 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Mickeil keil moved to position 21 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Mickeil keil moved to position 21 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: John Coldstorm moved to position 22 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: John Coldstorm moved to position 22 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.59s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Karlis Vitols moved to position 23 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Karlis Vitols moved to position 23 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: SERGIO CADAHIA DE JERON moved to position 25 on the grid by the administrator
    4420.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: SERGIO CADAHIA DE JERON moved to position 25 on the grid by the administrator

2nd script
    4595.40s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: John Coldstorm moved to position 1 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.40s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: John Coldstorm moved to position 1 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.42s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jerome Prioleau moved to position 2 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.42s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jerome Prioleau moved to position 2 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.43s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Patrick Bardet moved to position 4 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.43s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Patrick Bardet moved to position 4 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.46s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Michael Slot moved to position 6 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.46s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Michael Slot moved to position 6 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.46s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: TECHER moved to position 7 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.46s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: TECHER moved to position 7 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.48s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: SERGIO CADAHIA DE JERON moved to position 8 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.48s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: SERGIO CADAHIA DE JERON moved to position 8 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.48s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Hugo Giardini moved to position 9 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.50s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Hugo Giardini moved to position 9 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.51s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Thibaut Revelant moved to position 11 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.51s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Thibaut Revelant moved to position 11 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.53s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Vic Phil moved to position 13 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.53s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Vic Phil moved to position 13 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.53s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jura Laakkonen moved to position 14 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.54s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jura Laakkonen moved to position 14 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.54s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Mickeil keil moved to position 15 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.54s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Mickeil keil moved to position 15 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.54s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Yanis Drobinski moved to position 16 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.54s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Yanis Drobinski moved to position 16 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.56s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Nicolas moved to position 17 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.56s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Nicolas moved to position 17 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.56s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: cedric moved to position 18 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.57s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: cedric moved to position 18 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Jérome Delbarre moved to position 21 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Jérome Delbarre moved to position 21 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.61s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Rodrigo Garcia moved to position 22 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.62s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Rodrigo Garcia moved to position 22 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.62s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Karlis Vitols moved to position 23 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.62s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Karlis Vitols moved to position 23 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.62s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Pedro Rivas moved to position 24 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.64s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Pedro Rivas moved to position 24 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.64s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Curtis-L. Diver moved to position 25 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.64s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Curtis-L. Diver moved to position 25 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.64s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Bourel Dorian moved to position 26 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.65s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Bourel Dorian moved to position 26 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.65s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: Joris Scheepvaart moved to position 27 on the grid by the administrator
    4595.65s JNILog.cpp 33: New Message received: [Server]: Joris Scheepvaart moved to position 27 on the grid by the administrator

14. Iroun

Iroun Registered

Hi!
    Why is the training server in Indianapolis when the next race is Sebring?
    Thanks for your feedback

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it rotates as Indy is on the schedule. Just hold a vote to advance to the next track(repeat as necessary)

Iroun likes this.
  16. Adrien Slimani

Adrien Slimani Registered

Hi

I wanted to tell what happened to me yesterday during the race if that can be of any help.

As most of the people, I think the bug happened between the two races. I was split 3, I finished the first race 22nd out of 29.
    When the second race starts, I'm 1st on the grid. That's my first surprised. How being 22/29 makes me first in a reverse grid?

The formation lap starts and after a few meters, I have message asking me to let Jan Schmid go. I don't see any Jan Schmidt around me so I continue. After the green lights, I receive a stop and go penalty for not having respected the order to let Jan Schmidt pass.

I took the penalty and finished the race a bit upset. After the race, I watched both replays.
    Jan Schmid finished the first race 3rd and started the second last. Why? This also meant that I should have had let all the pack through and position last if I wanted to avoid a stop and go. That's nonsense.

I'm sorry but why are we having these stupid reversed grids? That doesn't bring anything to the racing except confusions and bugs.

If there's anything I can provide to help investigate, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  17. If anyone of the involved disconnects would post tracelog in bug report, that would be helpful. This is now a known issue with the game and NOT cs/servers.

18. So, I have been spending quite some time reviewing last race and how, what, why on the 2nd grid.

The disconnections I have seen before and is not related to CS or servers - but is the game that does this. This has been reported to devs, but please run tracelog and report if this happens ANYWHERE, being in CS, leagues or whereever you have seen this. Open a bug report and get it filled up, so we can prove there is an issue.

The second race grid mess has many layers in it, usernames, people leaving, game error that has some people end up with steamid: 0 in results, cs that wants to do grid as well etc etc. So what i have done: I have cleaned up on usernames on our CS, but there is still a lot of things in there there really shouldn't be. (an expression suggestion has been sent to code team to implement in new code, making it impossible to join with these weird "real names")
    I do not want to risk it happen again so the only option is to go to a revised format:
    20:00: Practice
    20:10: Qualifying
    20:25: Race "2" - 60 minutes (15+45)
    No reversed grid, no warmup - no nothing that might mess up the grid.

Again for anything - use the #gtchallenge channel on discord.

John Ratcliff, ChrisFRC and Spyro like this.
  19. Note: Sebring time of day will be set to 8:00 (and yes that is 08:00 not 20:00 meaning its in the morning) :)

davehenrie and Adrian Blasco like this.