Grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slo, May 22, 2013.

1. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Ricknau, I too have used steering resistance type = 1 for some time. I believe it makes a difference by making it hard to turn wheel when stopped just like a real car. Never noticed any other difference but then I'm fairly insensitive.
    SW

2. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve never tried editing this line before but I`ll give it a try just to see what it feels like.

:)

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Now that you mention it, the feel of the car at rest was what I was trying to get to feel better. In the discussions of low speed grip or lack there of, could this not be a parameter that could change that feel? That is to say, if in fact it affects the feel at 0mph might it persist at low speeds? At what speed would it switch off? Would it taper off? And in general isn't all force on a steering wheel generated from friction? Why wouldn't "use friction" always be the preferred method of generating FFB?

Wow, 6 sentences in a row with a "?" ! Glad I could help in the discussion!

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm a CSR user too so I will be looking into this setting.

Thanks!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

would'nt that alter the feel at speeds though not just at low speed?

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Hmm... the parameter is called "steering resistance type" not "low speed steering resistance type", or "at rest...".

On the other hand ISI must have chosen damping as the default for some reason. But I'm not going back. All I drive are the 60s cars and frankly I love the FFB feel the way I have it set, whether it's 100% accurate I can't say.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah that's why I'm questioning whether it's worth it, if it was "low speed" then I'd turn it on straight away but at speeds I love the way the FFB feels so dont want to tinker with that too much.