greyed out join button

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Hagen Tröger, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

in the last few days the join button is mostly greyed out, getmod button is always working and the join buttons of ISI Servers are also working

I have changed to lifetime licence

2. Depco

Depco Registered

I am having the same issue as well. I use the Minimalist UI mod but have experienced the same issue with the stock UI as well. Pretty frustrating since I need to practice for league play coming up soon. Some of the servers will eventually give me a colored and clickable join button, but for the most part I am unable to join a server since no join button ever becomes available. Any help on this would be appreciated. I don't want to have to re-install rF2 again.

3. Depco

Depco Registered

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I might go about fixing it? Currently I cant race with my league because of this issue. I can connect to the ISI servers. As I work my way down the server list the time it takes for the Join button to populate is taking longer and longer, until it simply wont populate anymore. That's not to say that if I go half way down the list I wont be able to get a join button but the odds go down tremendously. If I do get a join button I can sometimes get the next one in line to populate by switching back and forth a few times. However, both the servers my league is running are not joinable at all. I put up a server of my own and it is hit or miss if I can connect to it.

I have tried resetting my router, restarting my computer, re-installing rF2, uninstalling several games I dont play on this computer. I also ran a virus check.

An update is forthcoming, I understand that, but I suspect that this issue is not going to be part of that update as not a ton of people are being plagued by this problem.

Some help from the admins or someone in the know would be great.

Also, as an aside, how do I get the little button under my name in the forums to show a validated rF2 icon?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I get this a lot. Basically you just need to try to refresh it a bunch of times, sometimes wait like 45 seconds or so then refresh again, exit the game then open it up again and try again, etc. Basically you just need to keep trying with refreshes and game-restarts (which take 2 seconds). I know, it drives me crazy. Sometimes I get the greyed out join button on a server that I was playing 2 mins prior.

6. Depco

Depco Registered

Thanks for the replies fellas. This has been very frustrating since it was not like this several days ago. I hope I can get this resolved since I don't want to be spending time trying to get into a race with my league, when I should be actually racing with my league instead.

BTW Denstjiro, It looks like Tim is not manually verifying the activations anymore. so I'm ass out. oh well... maybe he is spending time trying to fix the join button problem... HAHAHAHAHA I slay myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  7. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

build 660:
    i get it on all servers included isi servers,
    including the GEt MOD button,
    but the i get this problem less on the top servers,
    specially isi servers,
    no idea what is cousing it but its very enoying
    some times it does not help to restart the game one time,so i msut do it multiple times
    i get this every single day i try to join a server
    this can be time cunsuming,

8. Depco

Depco Registered

Yes this is the exact problem I am having. I will be re-installing windows and rF2 to see if this helps. Ill let you know if it does or doesn't.

9. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Does the join button work with default UI?

10. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

http://youtu.be/bfHP-JNV-L8

If you can, take a look at this video. Can you see anything different you are doing that what I am expecting?

11. Depco

Depco Registered

Jeremy, two days ago the join button started working again without any changes made by me. luckily I didn't have to re-install windows. I was still on build 660 though. Since I have updated to build 770 I have not had any join problems... but to be fair my league kept the password off the server due to some technical issues with the latest build. I am not privy to what those specific problems were. Guy Moulton would be the fella to ask about that. Thanks for asking about it though.

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

It does indeed.

A workaround is to scroll through all the servers, and find one with the same vmod(yeah, good luck with that), click on it, which mostly enables the join button, and then scroll back to your actual desired server and click on it. Then you can join again.

I am sure you can appreciate that this is very annoying though, and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your assistance.

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Yes. If we click on some servers, like you do, the JOIN button does not become available at all, unless you do what I've described above, or refresh 3 or 4 times.

14. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

i have this issue and it was happening in the default ui in buil 660
    and in the minimalist ui(mod)