Graphics are Great WTF are people saying rf 1 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Feb 4, 2012.

1. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Mr moneybags! Nice to know what i and many other people are"lowest common denominator".

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Wow, you really just posted that, didn't you?

3. Bounty

Bounty Registered

Ok, just completely ignore the bit about consoles and just pick on the bits that you can get upset about.
    You should both be in politics. "oh he can't say that, he might upset some minority group or another"

Oh hang on here will come the upset post about being called a minority group even though that was an example of the way goverment types jump on anything remotely being politically incorrect :/

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

*squints*

What?

I... what?

You do that.

I'll be elsewhere.

5. Bounty

Bounty Registered

"You do that."
    I do what?

6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Wow!

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

8. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That comic is still distressingly relevant with current gen graphics.

9. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

10. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I personally think the graphics are amazing in rF2, I play everything maxed out with 4x AA and have locked my fps to 60 in my player.ini file and its so sweet, as for the physics no other game comes close in my opinion great work ISI :)

11. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Graphics are fine Gjon!!! No they are not the best out there at the moment but are perfectly fine as far as textures and all that other jazz. I do notice stutter though and graphic performance could be improved I run SLI GTS 450's with a total of 2gb VRAM so my hardware is not the problem. I am wondering if it is due to active content of the track? Gravel Pits, Hay Bails, Farm Animals? Also if I tank an engine there is no evidence of that in the rear view mirror? Other than that this will be wonderfully great!!!

One more thing Flush Previous Frame setting at 0 what is best to prevent Stuttering?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
  12. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

Dude's got a decent video card in his duo core PC and while I think the graphics are fine (Quite Good for DX9) They will not be as good as pCARS no possible way until we see gMotor3!!!

13. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

For all of you I look forward to the full releases of rF2, pCARS, Assetto Corsa, GTR3, and Kart Sim, They will all have their stronger points and weaker points with comparrison to each other but I am sure all will be full of enjoyment so stop hatin!!!

14. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

If you have two 1gb card your totally vram is 1gb vram. I have Ati 5970 2gb crossfire card(1 card with 2 GPU's), it's shame but my total vram is 1gb. Memory is not shared in SLI or crossfiremode.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  15. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

Graphics are NOT great, not even good. A PC game with graphics worse than console games from 2006? Come on. For me, good and photorealistic graphics are very important to the immersion.

The textures are poor. The smoke effects are poor. The rain is a bad joke, with the terrible effects and with the scripted rail apearring always the same way. F1 Challenge 99-2001 had exactly the same rain script a decade ago.

It is hard to immerse in a game like rFactor 2. The game is kicking you out of the screen all the time with its almost cartoonish colors, or with the dirt coming through the floor, or with the purple sun.

This game's graphics are a decade late. Honestly.

16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

17. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

18. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

=O=O=O=O=O get a decent computer and you'll see. if that's not enough to see then I'm sorry. you are an ignorant.
    and this is only a beta

19. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Decent computers can´t run rf2. See graphics subforum.
    Even if they can, gt5 and forza have better graphics. 6 years earlier hardwares capable to do this its really confusing
    I do not know where people get the idea that simulators do not need to have good graphics as if it was not one of the primary issues when it comes to accurate race simulation

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  20. bander

bander Registered

The graphics are important is clear, I think it will improve. But I think the important thing here is the feeling I have when I take a turn back to Malaysian see eg feelings as you gain grip under rolling around and when you start losing grip and you have to more carefully until you enter the pits to change tires. All that barely registers in rfactor 1.
    MOD Formula Renault 3.5

example: Malaysian race 15 cars my brother and I 17
    22 laps
    IA 82% as you want
    changing time
    normal consumption
    wear X 2
    low stability aid
    5% damage

IMPRESIONANTT

I doubt Assetto GTR3 p.cars or whatever reach that quality tires.

is my opinion, improve the graphics and I can not either reach the maximum level of graphics. ati 5770 but surely improving it.