Graphic Issue - Top 1/2 of the screen is dark when esc from race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by boxer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. boxer

boxer Registered

Some times when I am racing and I hit esc the top half of the screen goes dark...
    the only way to resolve this is to restart the game...
    what could this be?... I have only notice this in this last build.

Any ideas?

View attachment 14463 View attachment 14464

2. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

That happened when you by mistake hit the key under Esc (left of 1/!), I don˙t know, how it is called in English :).

3. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Its happens if you press the @ sign on your KB (well it is on the British-English KB)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

THis happens to me as well... not sure what it is, but the " ' " on the keyboard gets rid of it as mentioned above.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

seems to be different keys for different drivers but its defo a key that you need to find in control and unbind it or at least not allow for two functions on that same key.

6. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks everyone - for me it's key " ' " ... strange I must never have pressed it before this build!

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think its only in this build, I had that button assigned for ages. prolly a dev console left over :)

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Happend to me too...

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It looks like a console...

That key brings up that same sort of screen in many, many games. It's called a console. From there you can usually enable/disable/adjust a ton of options without having to exit the game and adjust them from the notepad file directly. For example, in Battlefield 3 if you type in the console command "render.drawfps 1" then the game will display your framerate. Entering in a "0" instead of a "1" will disable the framerate viewer. Another example from Battlefield 3 would be entering "gametime.maxvariablefps 120", this will enable a framerate limiter of whatever number you choose ("120" used in my example).

I'm assuming we're going to be able to edit the player file and controller file without having to exit the game, edit and save the notepad file, re-enter game, test new settings, and repeat process. This would be fantastic and much, much needed.

Entering console commands in Crysis, especially Crysis 1, is awesome. You can change tons and tons of options like the distance of foliage rendering, LODs, all sorts of lighting and shadow options, Anti Aliasing, particle effects and counts, etc. etc. Just all sorts of options, all while seeing the changes in real-time.

I'm assuming this is what ISI are implementing. The console is an important tool in mqny games in general, but much, much more so in highly moddable games like Crysis, Half-life, etc. and rFactor - being made for modding - is the type of game that benefits the most from the use of a console.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  10. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Happened to a few guys I know during a practice session. Luckily I know what causes it.

I never knew what that key is called... I refer to it as the tilde key but that's the shifted character. This thread made me look it up. Thanks Wikipedia... Grave accent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_accent