Grand Prix 1937

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by LeStrat, Apr 21, 2016.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey LeStrat...

I was going to say you could maybe get in touch with some of the guys you need to ask over at http://srmz.net/index.php?act=idx but I see Mauro has already pointed you in that direction.

Best of luck with this. The mod was awesome in rF and would be soooo cool to have in rF2.

:)

vegaguy5555, hexagramme and Mauro like this.
  2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Hi Mauro, I'm a member at SRMZ so I'll give that avenue a shot. Thanks for the groundwork.

vegaguy5555, tjc and Mauro like this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Nice work :)

just to mix a little bit of self-promotion in with an effort to excite imaginations and ambitions a little more regarding these cars, here is a link to the dormant WIP of Lobethal Circuit 1937-1939 (the track is available in devmode version - direct from rF1). I did receive some PM interest back when I posted the thread, but at that time plans were a little jumbled and in the end no extra work was completed. Of course this 1937 thread now has my imagination and ambition in overdrive again :D, but for now I still can't work on the track... for now...

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

my pm:
    wolfattack reply to my pm:

Hi
    At some time in the past i had everyone's personal emails, but this is now lost in time and i am sorry to tell you that i have the same ways of contacting them as you do.
    My personal advice would be that if you can't contact anyone else, consider me the only active member of the group and release your mod. I would like to see this mod alive in a modern plataform and i think the others would say the same.
    I hope this help you.

Regards,
    wolfattack

Ozpata reply to my pm:

I will say that it should be no issue, as long as there a re credits given
    Big Ben who was the main man here, we worked together at team players also, was the memeber I remained in touch til not that long ago, but he is not into modding too much or sims, and basically we talked about that, as long as there is full credits given, there should be no issue
    I am working with a few people with other mods, so if you need any help with this one, which I did a lot of the research for it
    let me know

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  6. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Then, maybe that's the most explicit approval we will get.
    Edit: Back when I was searching for an approval 6 months ago I already contacted all the developers in all the possible ways, therefore, although I might wait just in case any of the owners pops up and has a word about it, I assume this could be a go.

I will try to polish some things out, and will share what I have with you guys.
    Please bear in mind that currently what I have is a straight rF1 conversion of physics and straight rF1 conversion of 3D models, materials and textures.

Of course any help would be extremely welcome. (As you may reckon from other threads I have neither 3D nor mapping abilities at all and what I do is absolute crap haha)

MarcG likes this.
  7. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Green light! :D

8. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

You made a step forward for the release of 1937 Mod.

9. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

A couple of teasers

GRAB_005.JPG GRAB_007.JPG

10. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Looking good LeStrat. Is there any way the new rF2 driver model (with moving arms/hands etc) can be used or not? The original driver was mostly stationary so it would be good if the new driver could be used.

:)

12. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

I assume the new rF2 driver model could be used without any issue, but I have no idea on how to do that so it may take quite long.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Good to hear the new model can be used. It would help bring the mod much more "to life" imo if he was used. I`m sure someone out there could offer you some help with that if needed.

14. dylbie

dylbie Registered

My god they look amazing!

@LeStrat If you need any help with the driver let me know. Now you have permission would be nice to get these out in time for Christmas!

If you're on FB send me a message here: www.facebook.com/rf2modding

Mauro and tjc like this.
  15. ozpata

ozpata Registered

I tried to contact Big Ben who was the main man in this group, and we started to work together a little bit while at team players, I was more into the 55 and 67 mod, he was with Brooklands and the cars from pre war, it was a long shot because it was an address that was gonna get replaced, last time we spoke he was dealing more with personal life and not so much into modding or sims, but I would say that aslong as full credits are given, there should be no issue

if he gets back to me soon , I will let you know

Mauro, LeStrat and tjc like this.
  16. ozpata

ozpata Registered

there was an awful lot of research done with historic, details, behaviors, lots of books went by to get as much information as it was possible

17. ozpata

ozpata Registered

and when was that? because in the last five years, I don't recall having been contacted except by a few people to let me know that there were already converting it to GTLegends, and gtr2 and others without asking Ben or me, this was around 2012 or 13, the discussion was on the private forum, the only person that he told me about was for GP4 and during that time we had a almost daily communication, he gave the go ahead to somebody afterwards, I think it was for gp4 and someone showed me emails of supposedly me saying yes, I have always been around rf forums, people can and have always found me in virtual classics, Srmz,
    wolfattack as far as I remember was always in f1 classics, helping out with some issues, LukasPaur (Osella) is the only one from memory that I would say he maybe goes to f1 Classics, some others from team players are there but not everyday and with the same nicks, this was about 5 o 6 years ago, there were other things worked on, but people have other things to do, so even when they might not be all that active, there are around from time to time and getting in touch is a matter of time

18. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

This is my message history with Wolfattack:

upload_2016-11-30_14-39-43.png

And this is the message I sent you, and it's date:

upload_2016-11-30_14-41-51.png

Attached Files:

Mauro likes this.
  19. ozpata

ozpata Registered

I'll go and check, I suppose that that is in f1 classic, maybe there was a setting or something, because I didn't get a notification, don't go there all the time but I think the messages are suppose to send me an email

anyway, I have already send an email to Ben so hopefully he will answer soon

Mauro likes this.
  20. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Thank you very much!

I had also sent you a private message in ISI forums, 1 or 2 days before that one in f1classics. Maybe you could easily find that one.

By the way, would you be interested in a collaboration to have this beauty out in case it's finally possible? :D