GPU nr2 not active when using Crossfire - Problem since DX11 was introduced

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jonas Hammar, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Jonas Hammar

Jonas Hammar Registered

Evening people!

I've lifted this problem once before but didn't really get any respons so i figured i'd give it another shot.

Im running a standard setup of an older i5 3570K clocked @4ghz with 8 gigs in ram and has for quite some time used 2x ATI 7950 in Crossfire, both clocked and monitored with Afterburner in win7

The cards run fine in basically every other application that can be run in full screen, both loading up to 100% and i get a graph readout of every value using afterburner, and as i said, yes i'm well aware of the need to run the application in full screen for both cards to function in crossfire.

Ever since DX11 was introduced, i have never once been able to get the 2nd card running, as if the game is somehow running in some form of borderless mode even tho set to full screen in the configurator.

It worked just fine with DX9 and during the time when DX9 was still supported i reverted back to it from time to time to see if it would stop working there too but in DX9 it has always been rock solid and giving me good performance.

I know the cards are old and i know dual card setups aren't used that much any more but when you're on a budget, having two cards can be the only solution and when DX11 came, it killed rF2 for me as i haven't been able to upgrade, and still wont for a few months, this is a problem i've spoken with directly to Marcel and i've lifted it in the Discord channel a couple times but i guess they haven't been able to find a solution.

Am i the ony one experiencing this?