GP79 v0.41 Race: Grand Prix of Zolder August 11- Sign up here

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

http://simresults.net/130811-2zf

Race results. Arnao actually came in first, but we found a bug with this track where if you pit, you lose a lap. The game doesn't register that you crossed the timing line in pit lane. Arnao pitted twice and ended up losing 1 more lap than John Cook and I did so he lost an extra lap. Arnao ended up winning +1 lap. I saw the checkered flag but I was in the pits.... SO IT COUNTS!!!! LOL :p

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lawl :p

Thx for organising this Guy!

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yes many thanks Guy

Sorry GUY to be so agressive and ruin your race...:(...without me you was certainly finish it... sorry for that

Sorry Bret to spin in front of you but why did you hit me (face me)(maybe to avoid more wreck)?? was you blinded by smoke??is it what you want ?? ruin my car and yours by the way ???... it cost you much than I just after that move("My race ended when I got stranded on the kerbs." without your front wing)...I just notice what you did in replay and it just make me laught because I was thinking that it was my only fault...:p

So this BUGS are really annoying... but they were not notices to me before so I will have to check this...
    -Pit In BUGs: The game doesn't register that you crossed the timing line in pit lane
    -DINO one "some invisible object on the track, smashed my car into the barriers ;("(seen it in replay but didn't notice any visible Object)

Thanks to all to be there and Many thanks to Guy for organising it...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  4. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

At replay I saw textures from some object sticking inside the ground at the last turn. Could be one of these movable fences or maybe some part of a car. When I arrived at this spot the car got smashed to the side.

5. speedster

speedster Registered

Thx for this fun event. Not sure yet if I will have nightmares tonight on those zolder-curbs :D

Will be in for the next race for sure. Thank you for the mod and race-orga!

6. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Oh yes this F.... fence... It's certainly them...
    Some time you can see them in sky over this kerb I do not know what I did when I make them moveable...I've to dig that...
    For car part I've a doubt but why not...

Thanks Dino to report

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I did finish! I figured it out so I can say I did LOL

-You lapped me right?
    -you were cheated out of 2 laps because of the pit bug, right?
    -I was cheated out of one lap because of the pit bug....

I actually completed 69 laps and that was 1 lap behind you... :cool:

w00t!

8. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Sorry I missed this one Having pc problems.
    Everytime I load up RF2 I get a black screen not sure what the problem is all was fine before.

I hope you guys do another event and I get my problem fixed.

Ruben

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There were 2 guys who joined late, I just wanted to apologize and I hope you both understand why I couldn't help or allow you guys to race.

I can't remember who showed up during quali, I never saw your name, I was on track. During quali we can't troubleshoot for obvious reasons, I hope you got the issue and can join the next race. I have been there and know full well how much it sucks to work up a track just to have a tech issue keep you from racing. In rF1 it happened a lot!

Tapio Rinneaho: I can't allow people to join in warm up either. You would have been cold and guaranteed you would not have lasted 10 laps, most likely taking someone out with you. I'm sorry I had to boot you

10. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Guy that was me talking on Teamspeak during qualifying. I checked the server list and it said practice so I jumped on TS but probably by the time I got on it you guys went into qualifying, I'm so sorry to break in on the qual session, as soon as you said that I was out, didn't want to bother you then, totally agree that is not the time to be trying to help someone. For the issue, I have no idea why, I was on the server several times this week and all was good so I was not expecting any trouble today. Tried everything, from rebooting the computer to deleting and then reinstalling the 79 mod, nothing worked. Ended up making copies of my Packages and User data folder and then doing a full reinstall of rFactor2, now all is good again. I've been playing this game for almost a year now and never had anything like that happen, was online yesterday in another league race with no issues and never changed anything in my game.

Anyway, apologies to you for breaking in during qualifying and can't wait till the next race.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I made a separate installation just for GP79. After the last update the game just would not work- I think I have a conflict with some other mod and that was causing the issue. I have heard from several people that with this build of tyhe game they are having issues with their screen going black though- I have probs with FXAA myself and of course, HDR is still problematic.

Again, I'm sorry to be a dick, Dale, but thanks for you understanding. Don't worry, we are doing this again! Next track, date etc TBD

12. jjcook

jjcook Registered

That was fun- yes i pitted once and had to do 73 laps...arnao had to do 74? therefore i was a lap down/?. ok! well i finished , im happy-

- the mod needs some development? the cars are too fast? a 115 at zolder is 'unreal' imo

Thanks Guy!!and Arnao!

13. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Registered

Thanks for the apology.

Just one of those things Arnao, you made a mistake by spinning (and I did not aim for you either), and I made the mistake of guessing the wrong way to go that's all. I attempted to jink to the right and go through the gravel trap to avoid you. By the way....I have NEVER intentionally collided with anyone and never will:)

Strange...I thought it was your fault for spinning in the first place:p

Anyways, I did enjoy the event.

Thanks again,
    Bret

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

When someone in front of you spins, always chase the other's tail- you did the right thing Bret (I watched the replay) but it looked like you aimed for him because as you aimed for the tail of his car, he hit the gravel and slid in an unexpected way and ended up right where you were aiming for. It was Arnao's fault in that he did spin and cause the incident (sorry, Arnao) but it was a racing incident. Who here has never spun in a race and collected another car my mistake?

now you two shake hands and make up.....

15. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Registered

No problem at all from my side Arnao...all is well.:cool:

Guy-When is the next event mate? I'm looking forward to another one.

Regards,
    Bret

16. Arnao

Arnao Registered

No problems for my side to... just wanted to be ironic but it didn't past my translation skill... really want to apology...
    and YES IT'S MY FAULT:p...

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Next event will be when we have an update to test. I'm thinking we keep on with the tracks from the period, even if they aren't the best tracks (I do love Jarama even if it is rough around the edges). We also have 70's Watkins Glen and we have the 70Silverstone, Monaco, Imola 06 (not too awfully far off the 70's layout), 75Kyalami or 60s Hockenheim.

The problem will be that my laptop has started giving me issues this week- the hard drive is failing. So it won't be able to host. I will need to find a new host to run with and that is my next task. Since these are beta test races and are semi-public, it will be difficult to find (but awesome!) a league that will provide hosting. If anyone has a server at their disposal or is with a fantastic and open league, let me know and we'll put it together.

I know that Arnao is already working ont he mod and Marcus is working on the tires. ~ISR~Speedster has offered to help with tires too so we could have an update before too long and then maybe a race. Let's work on this server issue.

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

ok I have spoken with Speedster,and I decided that we will offer the server to test and race.
    Now I need the material, and information about the Event/League Race/Test.
    You can contact me in our forum,also seen that you have an account there.
    Or even here, not be problem.

Edit: Speaking With Speedster,he tells me that the mod needs an update.
    Just update will be available,we will open a public server to test the mod together.

Babs ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just a heads-up for the future, Legends-league can also provide a server. So when needed Guy, drop me or Bret Metcalf (posted in this thread) a message.

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I will definitely take you up on that. I'd love to make this a regular series, maybe every 3rd week we race? Or every other week even and make up a season.