GP79 v0.41 Race: Grand Prix of Zolder August 11- Sign up here

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Sorry I missed it Guy, was occupied otherwise.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I figured everyone had stuff going on, that's why I put up the race result so everyone could get an idea of what to expect for a half race length. I think this monday night thing will turn into something, not sure. I'd love to make monday night 1979 night with GP79 and Procar when that mod is done. If we get guys showing up on Mondays, it'll happen. But for now we have the big race next week then we can come up with an idea of what to do.

Forming an idea.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OP updated with link to password and TS IP address

4. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Guy Wrote:
    That was me :p I had not had much time to practice so I did not do any setup work at all went with the default setup except for fuel.
    I don't think I over revved on the grid but could be. What rad # are you guys useing ?

I would like to join in on these races if there is room ?

In any case Mod really is well done and really fun

Thanks Ruben

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Rad 3 or more for the race. 2 for qualifying.

Unless you are in a Renault, then you need rad1.000.000 lol, those cars blow up just by looking at them :p

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Denstjiro Wrote:
    Thanks for the info/help

I would like to jion this fun series
    Ruben Miranda
    #80 Patrick Tambay

Thanks Ruben

7. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Yeah, one could say I had stuff going... Don't really feel like racing 4AM in the morning ;) I hope there will be more races on weekends after this :rolleyes:

8. Arnao

Arnao Registered

It's better to cut engine after formation lap... so just bind a key to do so...
    The engine must restart automaticly just before red light !!!

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This race will be held at Noon GMT-4, it will not be 4AM in Finland. It will be some time in the late afternoon, check the OP

Ruben, you are not the first person this has happened to! This mod is infamous for start line blow ups. the secret is to take the formation lap slowly and stay bunched up. Cutting the engine on the start line works also, but then you lose too much heat from your engine. But it's better to start with a cold engine than a blown up one!

I'm not sure about the other cars, but the Ferrari doesn't suffer heat damage until 105C. In the mini-race, I ran a rad of 4, Lem with 3. My temps stayed around 100-101 for most of the race, Lem's were 103-104. But I didn't spend a whole lot of time directly behind him most of the race. For 2 laps (Lap 29-30) I did follow him closely and my temps went up to 102.5, then after passing they dropped back down 1 degree. So that's something to think about. 70 laps will be a long race and the engine has to last that distance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  10. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

I know, the monday race was ;)

11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

Small question Guy:

I saw on the server that the pitspeed-limit is set to a random very high number. So are we using full-speed for pitstops in the race?

12. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Yeah, full speed pit lane maneuvering for historical accuracy. I think it's going to be suicide, so I'm going to do my usual trick of trying to do as few stops as possible IE none :p

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In 1979 there was no such thing as "pit speed" or for that matter they didn't have this thing that we now call "safety" either. Instead of getting rid of pit speed altogether (I'm not totally sure how to do this and still have full rules) I just made it ridiculously high. If more than one car is in pit lane at the same time it could get... well... very interesting. Maybe not so much suicidal as homicidal!

14. Nick Grabski

Nick Grabski Registered

Nicolas GRABOWSKI, Ligier number 25, Patrick DEPAILLER.

Appointing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  15. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Sorry guys, I don't know whats going on but I my rFactor2 install is not working today, as you probably saw I could get into the game and then my install would just crash. Ran the verification and it said my launcher and uninstaller weren't verified. I've had rFactor2 since last November, was racing online yesterday with no issues, WTF. I was so looking forward to this race. Currently uninstalling and reinstalling rFactor2!

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ah too bad Dale, unlucky mate.

I had a surprising engine blowup. forgot to change radiator from quali and even on low revs on formation lap I just went up in flames.

Was surprised to see some aids avail, guess that happens when you practise offline and not on the server.
    still, 2,5 secs of my pb no matter what I tried, weird.

Hope you guys have fun :)

17. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

Had a good time today until some invisible object on the track, smashed my car into the barriers ;(

Had a lead of over a lap and was looking forward to finish here for sure, as the car was driving very smoothly.

There was nothing i could do about this track-bug, so see you guys next time on a better track hopefully :)

18. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Registered

I enjoyed racing with you chaps. had a good qually session, very close with John.
    I just had a look at the replay now, on lap two I was just behind John approaching T1, then his car suddenly veered off to the right, I did not feel any contact but unfortunately the replay shows I clobbered him off the track:(...please accept my apologies John, I had no idea at the time that I punted you off, I didn't feel a thing tbh, only when I looked at the replay did I notice that an apology is due to you...very very sorry mate. My race ended when I got stranded on the kerbs. Thank you for organizing Guy.

Regards,
    Bret

19. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Was wondering what happened to you Dino, as I watched you disappear from the track bar and thought "what the hell, what happened to him?"!

I think I need to look at the Trackmap plugin though. Flicking through the pages on the MFD is so damn awkward. That's what did me in, as I drifted off T1 while trying to get the MFD on a page I wanted. Car was pulling off to a side, and eventually pulled me into another wall. Was a shame, things were going great up til there. :p

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

That was a fun race! GG everyone. When there is a new update to the mod, we'll organize another race and hopefully the same group will return. We did find a couple track bugs and learned some more about the cars too.

Thanks everyone