GP79, finishing the mod, looking for some help

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Guy Moulton, Aug 15, 2013.

1. dradecki

dradecki Registered

That looks sweet Zonder.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The turbo engine didn't work for us. We are looking for a simulation of the primitive turbos from 1979. Does anyone else care to take a stab at making this? It's a tough task but it'll be rewarding to see this in-game.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Why is it not working? Is it because of the way it was implemented in rFactor 1?

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

the Turbo posted above is a modern turbo and it has the wrong RPM values. We need a turbo modelled after one from the late 70's and it has to have the correct RPM values for the Renault.

5. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Here is the RF1 engine curve... We need apromatively same curve for RF2 but without turbo peak....
    View attachment 9486

6. zonder

zonder Registered

Tyrrell cockpit update 60% through

[​IMG]

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

it exceeded all my expectations ... this ... this... wheel, rev light, tachs .... hey Guy hope that my keyboard is drool proof too :p...
    Very nice Zonder
    Sweet

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's refreshing to see proper graphical touch up on a mod. Congratulations on the effort so far, it'll be stunning to see that entire cockpit look like something at least from 2012, instead of 2006.

9. lbird

lbird Registered

Great job, zonder. Especially the little touches and scratches left and right make it look so much better. Please continue with your work, this mod deserves it....

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The wheels back in 79 were round, not horseshoe shaped. but other than that the cockpit looks awesome. I agree with ibird about the little touches. To me those little things bring a mod alive.

11. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Oh dawmn... Sorry Zonder to put you in the wrong way...

This Photos was looking so good
    View attachment 9532

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What year is that pic from?

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

14. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hey Guy
    I think that last pics is not from 1979 too... If you look closer there is a speed Digital gauge that may not was there in 1979...
    We better find some pics of Didier Pironi or Jean Pierre Jarier from these era ???
    You re certainly right maybe no Horseshoe shape wheel... but we may can keep it as an upgrade !!!

15. zonder

zonder Registered

Few more fixes

[​IMG]

16. lbird

lbird Registered

One question i was asking myself a couple of times already: Is it possible to implement a combi-instrument like the standard smith gauges in the sixties and seventies (e.g. water and oil pressure combined) with the current rF2 model ?

17. zonder

zonder Registered

After testing and trying to get one background have assigned two things like oil pressure/water temp it doesn't work, so i think solution may be to create another geometry plane on top spaced tiny bit apply full transparency and reference second value and needle to that then scale it properly, technically should work, going to try it out, ok that works well now into position subject as we have to have two different pivot points for needles, they can be define in cockpit.ini. Another question arise can we make needles go one clockwise another one counter clockwise? hmm make material doublesided and flip it? gotta check it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
  18. zonder

zonder Registered

Uuuupss doesn't do a thing. Is that not possible?

19. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Use this line:

FuelPressureClockwise=1 // 0 = counterclockwise, 1 = clockwise (this is obviously the default)

20. zonder

zonder Registered

Thank You got it working now.

We decided to reshape line of the cockpit opening to better ressemble original one, and one little issue arise to what i can't find solution so far. Looks like this
    [​IMG]

It appeare as break in reflection, previous geometry was using my custom made tangent space normal map was ok, current one in current state is included on main template so is repaint friendly, uses default diffuse, specular and bump from main carbody material wich are plain color in order blue, light grey and 128,128,255 for normal, border (blue part from inside) is one smoothing group, one UV shell. Question is what can cause that weird break?