GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just ran the Tyrell on 3 different tracks and had no problems in cockpit ( other than an opponent with white tires when he was way in front of me, didn't catch which car).
    Only problem with Tyrell was during play back, and only had one dark screen flash, most opponent cars have chassis disappearing up close. (good looking drivers tho).
    I'm running FOV of 37, never messed with different seat settings, was having too much fun driving.

I don't know the name of the proggy your looking for.

One thing I commented to Arnao about, the sound transferred from rF1 into 2 is just not as crisp as it was in rF1.

Navigator... I'm thinking you will get the bug to do a little work on this mod. Also, I just can't imagine anyone who spent so much time working on this would really feel completely fine letting it just fade into oblivion. Wonder what happened to Zonder??

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

That's the one! Thank you!

Hope I get a new trail version again :)
    Climbing out of a time where the finance was not all that well; now I'm a cheapass :)

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wait a sec, whers did you get v0.432 from? My rF2 mod manager only says v0.43 and so does the OP...

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realised that the OP has a v0.432. I've therefore been driving an outdated version this whole darn time (0.43). How many times do I gotta be playing old versions of mods only to find out weeks, even months, later that I've been using an outdated version, geez. The TPM section will save us, don't worry, Spin :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
  6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Haha, wow! Sorry, but deep down inside you know I just have to do this:

For someone who is so interested in older mods that he picks up a dozen of +1 year old topics, you pay pretty low attention.......

Questions:
    - Where in a topic is the smart place -or the most used place for that matter- to post a newer or updated version of their mods for makers?

- Is there something you could improve or do to overcome this problem?
    (I'll give you a hint)
    Conclusion:
    You dig up older topics to ask if the mods are still alive but don't even bother to look in the starting post if there are already newer versions than the ones on your system........... So you just have to ask yourself; was I really caring for those mods or was I just being........?
    Also; GCCRacer was right.

Haha, I just HAD to mate. I smiled throughout the writing of this message ;)

Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Well, I got absolutely no gripes about you Spinelli, (as a matter of fact, I just jumped on here to get graphics info in one of your threads again)
    but seriously, I have no trouble with keeping up with updates on mods, especially the ones I'm interested in. All you have to do is at least every other day, for about 5 minutes, check your favorite mod thread (located right here) and your done.

8. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

How to install version V0.43

Hi all I have not been using rFActor2 for a while so I am having problems installing.

I get this after installing GP79_UNRESTRICTED_V0.43.rfmcp

Full install v0.43.rfcmp.PNG

So it looks like it is installed; however when I go into rFactor single player mode the mod is not listed :(

If in mod manager I tick only mods I see no mention of GP79.

Help please.

Please note I am not installing the 0.432 yet as I want to get 0.43 working first.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Only mods; that is the one just above the blue bar isn't it? That's installed.

Did you click "all cars and tracks" in the game?
    Look at the top of the list where your cars are.

Hope this works.......

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have checked the main thread multiple times. I saw v0.432, and when I happened to play rF2 i saw v0.43, I didn't memorize the fact that there was a 0.002 missing. I don't memorize, or have a list, of 6000 cars, tracks, and plugin version numbers, and then do a one-to-one check comparing every version number of every car, track, and plugin mod to every version number of every car, track and plugin forum thread, lol.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just had another go. It's an understatement to say that there's a ton of potential in this mod. Wow.

12. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

D'oh!

Works ok thanks.

13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Possible fix for Blackscreen from Seat Leon thread - maybe is the same here ?

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20981-Seat-Leon-Cup-Racer-2014-v1-1?p=331908&viewfull=1#post331908

Quote:
    Hi Tommy, how did you fix the "black screen" issue?

Other mods seem to have the same problem. Would be really nice to know and spread this info.

I used before the "src color" and "one" bend mode for the rpm LEDs, which is a glow effect, and that's caused the problem. I changed to "src alpha" and "inv src alpha" and the black sccreen is gone. Now is no glow effect, but better than the black screen

Second Info from same thread:
    Can you try the mirror issue with the update? Because the cockpit window shadow caster caused the black screen, maybe it caused this problem as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Great... definitely worth a try :)

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys...

Is the latest (last?) version of this mod in the first post?

Unrestricted v0.43?

:)

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

No, tjc, check first page. It's 0.432 and it is an update, install the 43 first then update the car (vehicle), not the main file, with the .0432 file you added into packages folder.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right. Thanks jim. I should have checked the first page before posting really. :p

Anyway, I appreciate the info. :)

18. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Got a bit of time to work on Fixing LOD PBS and black screen flickering...

Black screens seems to be fixed (thanks HAZI)... I just change warning led's lightglare shader to T1 and no more Black screen...
    I will try to repack all... then will trow a testing 0.44 released to see feedback....
    If positive feedback I will try to re export all cars from max...
    Any Help on Physic will be really cool...(motor, aero, etc etc)
    TTYL

19. argo0

argo0 Registered

Fantastic news man, thanks and good luck.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest