GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I made up a new rfmod for the beta- this one includes all the current ISI tracks and the current historical tracks from the 1979 period. If you don't have those tracks installed, here's a link to a trackpack (obviously it doesn't include the ISI tracks)

You can get the rfmod from the server directly or here

The trackpack (if you use the All Tracks torrent you have all these tracks)

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How much work is planned to go into updating the textures, carshapes, and materials?

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi Guimengo,

So I hope to update things but It is a lonewolf conversion and it's too much for me...When I started things It was because GP79 miss me...I did it just for fun!!! After I wanted to share to every one what I'm already done and hope some guys want to help...For now I except to find some 3D modeler to help. Every little 3D add I 've made since last update are not enought good and was been thrown to bin...I loose to much time to learn things etc etc for a bad result... I just hope that some skill 3D guys will help me... Maybe I will need to find a modder group because It will not advance as I wanted to...*
    CU

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I lost touch with Tony (b-tone) many years ago, the guy who spearheaded the mod and probably could help in some way, so I am of no help unfortunately. I appreciate the amount of work it takes but we're at the mercy of proper modders who can do this kind of work.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, after a little delay (waiting on Build 218 to address some sound issues) the latest beta 0.4 is out! So here's the link, go get it! This one has proper rain tires. There are some other fixes, but Arnao will have to give us a changelog.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xany5dl4oag7rrb

6. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi,

FIRST PAGE UPDATE !!!

THIS UPDATE IS ONLY HERE TO CORRECT SOUND ISSUE FROM 218 VERSION

Version 0.4 changes:

-Corrected Issues from 218 sounds.
    -new rain tires... from ISI renault F3.5
    -Added NEW abrasion parameters to all TGM files...it is same value for hard, soft, qualy ...sorry for that !!
    -Corrected wolf graphic tires ....
    -Remove braketorque UPDATE and fix it in HDV to "BrakeTorque=2900"

That's all for now hope to do more for next update...

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX - and pls continue

8. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Satisfied that at least a person appreciates(estimates) the effort:eek:

9. yap

yap Registered

thanks! downloadin'

10. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Just remember that I've introduce a new UPGRADE for triple screen on some car... shadow, tyrrell, wolf, rebaque, merzario, MClaren, ligier, ATS and Alfaromeo....
    Can someone test it with triple screen ??? and put some feedback about it if it's what you need to have it as you wanted to be...
    Not sure but is it you Hazy that ask me to tweak it ???if yes please can you test it and tell me if it's your needs ???
    Upgrade found in spinner view under name "Cockpit view". 1 screen by default

11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Think not - I asked you for more/greater seat movement (front/back) so I can adjsut for §D Vision. Maybe that`s what you mean.

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you Arnao for this last update. Can't make test for triple screens cause got only one...
    You can see that there's not only one person following your work :)

13. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Oh maybe I missed understood... Yes it's what I'm talking about stereo video that I transform in triple screens... Sorry...
    So maybe you can try this UPGRADE if it fit your needs Hazi and I will transform "3 screens" Into "Stereo view" in future UPDATE...

Guy Moulton told me that he got CTD when he launch a race...I personaly don't have any Issues...but for some who has already test it any feedback if it work for you or not will be very nice...

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  14. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

CTD here as well when clicking on RACE - any track, any GP79 car

15. Arnao

Arnao Registered

It's seems to be a tires PBS...
    I've just check tires TBC ... and all my Tires TGM got a "space" into there names...ex: "GOODYEAR_TYRES HARD.TGM"
    Maybe it's why it don't work for some of you... But it's really strange that It's ok for me so...
    I will pack it with no name to see if it's correct things... if it's correct this issues, Guy will have to re-upload it.
    Thx for reply GauchoRS

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's a conflict with another mod. I'm running tests (it's tedious!) to test each mod one-by-one. I uninstalled everything but GP79 and Mid-Ohio and it launched. Now I'm going to reinstall tracks (I don't think it's them, but we'll see) and then mods until I find the culprit.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, I found 3 separate problems that aren't really problems with the GP79 mod, they are conflicts int he game itself.

1) Make sure you don't have older versions or duplicates of tracks. Delete all but the most recent versions.

2) Get rid of the DTM tracks. They are garbage with no RealRoad or AI anyway. These cause the mod to CTD right away. don't ask me why. I uninstalled and deleted them- I hope someone works to fix them because I love the track layouts and they look good too.

3) ational Stock Car Racing. No, that's not a typo, that's in the title for the mod :rolleyes: as much as I want to like this mod (and I do) it has got issues and one of them is to make this mod CTD. I had to uninstall NSC06 to make GP79 work.

So it took almost 2 hours, but finally I have verified the issue! GP79 loads just fine for me. It's almost time for another race!

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks to those involved for all your work getting this out to us and working again. Its truly appreciated.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  20. yap

yap Registered

I can't install it, says missing GP79_CAR v0.41, first page download is v0.4