[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Try lower the diff lock etc. Default setup is very high. Looks.like stock setup is a bit friendly.

Solex, Christos Segkounas and mark7 like this.
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

I will try it, thx.

3. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Oh yeah and the front roll bars are pretty stiff too. Soften them up

Solex, Christos Segkounas and Jego like this.
  4. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Big ThumbUp SlowMotion, Redapg, Haunetal1990 & alii !
    It has been an eager wait for us but certainly a long hard work for you, for a beautifull result.
    I really like the feeling, a perfect medium level OW, more performing than the ISI F2 and more friendly than the FR3.5.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  5. Nick1402

Nick1402 Registered

Thanks slowmo been waiting for this.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

A well developed mod. So much love to detail in every aspect. A big thank you to all involved!

7. bears

bears Registered

Yes have to agree great mode

haunetal1990 likes this.
  8. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Just did a 24race lap (full distance) around A1 ring with these cars. Just a fantastic experience.
    I over fueled the car (full tank) a bit as the track calculations are wrong at this track, but had a decent battle with the AI exchanging fastest laps.
    The cars just get faster and faster when the fuel burns down just right. keeping my times consistent. I did wear my front soft tyres a lot as i was understeering trying to over push the car. Looks like a few tweaks of the setup to dial that mid corner understeer is needed.

once again, great job!

rubennaatje likes this.
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

Love it, need temps up on brakes and rubber, got to drive them properly to last ,just fantastic . Certainly can slide them out (spin) . tires react to pressure and camber very well .

Brack Jabham likes this.
  10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

This is just an amazing mod!
    I drove it around Belle Isle; some slow and some fast corners but wall always close. When you get the hang of this car; it is possible to place it just a centimeter from the wall every time. In my mind; that is a great mod.
    Looks good, drives good, feels good; what more do you want?

It's been a long time since I was this enthousiastic about a new mod. You know how it is, there is always something you think about: "well, I would have done it....." or "I'm going to change the ......"
    Not with this mod though; I think it's awesome.

Thanks for this one guys!

Brack Jabham, F1Aussie and bwana like this.
  11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you all for the positive feedback. As I said in the first post, I don't want to answer in details to some questions, because I prefer that each of you can discover something more about the behavior of the car laps by laps.

One little hint: do you know what is the max degrees allowed for the rear wing during the races, IRL?
    5 degrees (only), to have more spectacular races, as the Organization stated. Think to what a lower load on rear affects the balance of the car and you will understand more about the overall behavior of the car!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  12. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Where would your average joe find out more useful info like this?

Maybe over time you could release more little 'hint' teasers as to what the real set up parameters actually are IRL.

Great Mod and thanks again

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah amazing mod,, better feeling than ISI f2 imo, and up there with some of S397 content to.. Feels like a RF2 car, looks like an rf2 car and handles like rf2 car

Good job well done!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    bluet, tpw and bravotangosix like this.
  14. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

I did a bit more testing with this, and lowered rear wing to 5 degrees. definitely makes the car more dancing when turning in. still very manageable and fun. had a great race controlling this.

I have noticed something, and i think its an RF2 issue. Tyre smoke on turn in seems excessive. if you turn in quick the tyres puff smoke.
    even small power sliding results in a lot of smoke at times.

Is this a game issue or something that needs tweaking in TGM?

I am aware of the line in the TGM, not sure it it relates to that problem.

IgnitionParameters = Ignition temperature of rubber in Kelvin, heat power factor, nominal max of area*temperature_over_ignition. A lower ignition temperature will produce skid marks and tyre smoke earlier, while an increase to the nominal max will make it more difficult to achieve maximum smoke saturation, producing a smoother transition

Cheers.

15. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Just been throwing the the car around NOLA Track C & Mid Ohio (No Chicane) & these are a very nice drive. :)
    Really good feel, and with a bit of tweaking the character of the car really comes to the fore.
    With The EnduRacer GTs and the Brabham BT44 this has made my top 3 mods ATM.
    Excellent work.

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I always use the lowest rear wing setting. Also lowering front arb and raising the rear arb helps a bit. The amount of df you lose behind others is staggering. Must be hard to drive behind someone in real life.

17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

At Silverstone with just a few tweaks the car behaves very nicely all around.
    Some very bumpy tracks like Malaysia are still an issue for me though, I guess I'll have to figure something out set up -wise.
    Compared to something like the FR 3.5 the GP3 flows much better through the slow corners although I haven't been able to replicate the awesome feeling of the FR3.5 on the exit of mid speed corners where you can use the throttle to rotate the car without actually drifting it.
    Still very early days though, I have no idea where the journey will take me ^^^^

gabrielof and marmagas like this.
  18. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

And with an OSW,this is just amazing !

daguru likes this.
  19. oldman

oldman Registered

Thank you for this great mod.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Loving this Mod - thx !!