[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Pocisk

Pocisk Registered

v1.42 incoming?

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

So, it looks a normal behavior... I use 9 on G27

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

No really,some had the vibrating and some didn’t,can’t call driving on a rumble strip normal,but like I said I think it’s a conflict between my wheel and something on certain cars

I use no smoothing on any other cars by the way.

Excellent mod,I’m not bashing it

Slow Motion likes this.
  4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

LOL
    I wrote some advances about new CPM tires, but it will take time as well as other additions... BTW we are, internally, to 1.44 (LOL!!) and we'll start tests in the next days.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Wait, the mods getting improved? Is that possible? XD

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Quick short news: we'll release an update with the 2018 season cars and drivers liveries. We hope everything will be ready before the first event of the 2018 GP3 championship, the last of ever for this amazing class.

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Take a look to the preview of incoming new SMG HUD #25 designed by Shawn Jacobs for SMG specifically addressed to VR users...
    20180124190309_1.jpg

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i test the mod in a few tracks that the space at pits is short and the car had problem to exit the pits.
    its like it has very short steering range and instead turning full left or right it go a bit straight cause of short steering range.
    for example the pits at Sebring or Adelaide are very close and the car has problem to steer correctly.
    please someone else test it in sebring or Adelaide.
    other cars dont have that problem.
    i use a T150 thrustmaster steering wheel and i dont have that short range steering problem with other cars.

9. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Hello Slow Motion. Did you add Rain Drops to the WindShield? If yes, Did you do it with 3DSimed? I could add them to the Body of a mod I am developing but it isn't working for the windshield with WindScreen OutSide or Inside Shader.

Cheers.

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The steering wheel lock_to_lock is like data we got by GP3 engineer and matches the real car. Assuming you are using the default option for steering wheel, this is what can happen in certain tracks like it could happen with real car. Anyway just in these days I'm in contact with another GP3 engineer to double check the value, but this is really a coincidence: have you antennas pointed to me? LOL

I also remember that to avoid similar issues there is a coefficient into the player.json (??? not sure), that at low speed in pit gives extra degrees to wheels.

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

This is a OW, so fortunately it is almost impossible to see raindrops on a very little glass like the GP3.
    The public version hasn't yet raindrops on windshield and, if you read the new guide released by S397, it is not immediate to have raindrops on windows like for body. Then, for body, the color_map procedure shows also ripples. On windows and windshield we can say that is similar, but "integrated" into the mesh.
    Don't care too much for my terminology, I'm not very skilled. Thank you.

12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

For me the steering is the Show stopper of this mod. You turn on the track and nothing happens - compared to all other mods. For me no fun. Please give us way more steering in the Setup so the Response is quicker. I do not Need more steering, I Need a quicker Response turning the Wheel just a bit. It may not be real but driving without feeling g-Forces is not real also!

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

it is the only mod that i have that problem.
    i have everything on default on my game and steering wheel.
    also in tracks where the pits have more space to turn still this mod has problem.
    just look at it.
    i really dont know what to say ...i just notice the problem and report it here :).

14. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I don't have this issue with t500rs (min force = 3% and ffb multi = 0.85, of course to have raw ffb no filter. Filter is for g25/g27, not for t300rs I think)

I suggest you to :
    - set filter to 0 (or 1) : it is not a good solution for t300rs I think.
    - Be sure your ffb MINIMUM FORCE is not too high.
    - Very important to DECREASE THE FFB MULTI : ex for radical sr3, I think I put 0.65 or 0.60. If I put 0.9 for example, I have vibrations..... the solution (good) is not the filter.

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Changing the steering lock inside the game options at the garage from 16.5 to 20.0 makes the trick and i l just turn the car without hit the wall of the pits.
    but still needs some fix to make it easier to exit or maybe not if its not correct.
    other formula cars has no problem turning inside pits thats why i was curious whats happening.

16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

well I guess in real life having the guys pushing the car out of garage in some tracks helps a lot, we need a pit crew in rF2 for more than pit stops :p :D

bwana likes this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

Quite a few car / track combos have it. You also see it when watching tv , crews 2 point pushing and pulling cars from garages

18. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

With regard to steering - remember we had input from a real engineer. We do offer another option in the tuning menu. We prefer to make it as close to the real thing that we can, rather than change it . This is why we now have one real life team using it, and I bet more will start to. It is possible (we are following up) that there steering lock may be even worse !

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Ha ha i m super nooba didnt knew its natural for some cars cause of tracks space issues..so it might be no problem of fixing something.

20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

First thing I noticed when coming out of the pits in this car is the insufficient turning circle.
    So I changed the steering ratio in the settings to max and reduced my wheel rotation to a value lower than I normaly use.
    I know some people don't like to use anything other than the realistic value for the steering but I am not one of them and if Stefan_L_01 feels he could do with a less realisitc setting for the mod then he might as well try reducing his steering wheel rotation so that won't have to happen.