[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sorry... I explained, in effect very quickly, at the beginning of November into the Metalmoro MR1 thread that is a new shader to allow the visual damages, because at that time it isn't yet published.
    Then, with the last public build of rFactor2, the shader is freely available.
    The name is very similar to the old one, so it could not be seen in the list, also into Max and latest build of 3DSimED: "Car body paint with damages" is the name of the new one, the old one is "Car paint with damages".
    For detailed public info it is much better and correct, for several reasons, to wait for the technical documentation by Studio 397, also because I think they are still improving this feature.
    I can add that in the next incoming days (maybe tomorrow) I'll release the Metalmoro MR1 and everybody will be free to look at its files.

SPASKIS, McFlex, Corti and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pocisk

Pocisk Registered

Hello there. I'm representing one of the biggest rF2 community in Poland - IRG-World.com
    We are very impressed about Your mod and hard work You are investing in this project.
    It would be a pleasure for us, if We could use this piece of art in our official winter short season.
    We will offer some feedback during the season and advertising on our social media and YT live coverages.

Corti and smigiel like this.
  3. smigiel

smigiel Registered

Very nice mod and will be used for winter competition in our league. Thank You Slow.
    With Your permission of course. :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Hello, do you have a Visor Template that you could share with me? I would like to develop custom visors for my custom skins.

Thanks.

5. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I mean the tires actually looking sort of deflated by caving in on the center of the contact patch, not reffering to camber.
    Looking at the latest FE from S397 the tires look fantastic, giving me a feel-good factor just sitting in the car.
    Also the Formula 2 tires have great shape, also a pleasure to watch.
    Personally I find a pair of great looking slicks in my face quite a sight to behold.
    To not get misinterpeted, I consider this mod to be one of the best 3rd party mods ever, up to and beyond official mod standards otherwise I wouldn't bother!
    I am actually the first one to ever mention this but,yeah, I thought I would anyway:oops:

Guimengo likes this.
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

@Pocisk @smigiel
    I would thank you also on behalf of all of us involved in the development, for using the GP3 mod and for appreciating it. Of course everybody is welcome in using the mod, because it is a free mod. At the same time, to be clear, we do not allow any commercial use of the mod in any kind of event without our authorization, as well as any kind of modification/addition with the exclusion of personalized (alt) liveries, etc. for which we provided the templates; also any kind of conversion/porting is forbidden.

@Suzukinol
    ops... I forgot to add it, anyway it is basic. I'll upload it with the new incoming build

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Ahhh now I understand, my apologies!

Well, the first draft of the 3d modeled by Haunetal1990 started with a tire shape a little bit different, more convex on sides, same on tread. Then we debated about it, because the GP3 cars have a different shape, more "flat" then other OW in both sides and tread and Chris "redapg" modeled the whole wheel by scratch giving that shape to the GP3 tires.

We looked at few pictures of tires not under the load when the car is running... maybe the shape could be a little more convex on tread, but for sure nothing to do with other OW cars like F1, etc...

The deformable tire shader then does the rest, because GP3 inflate pressure is very low, but it increases with load and speed...
    I'm not saying the shape is perfect, but it was our choice.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Corti and Christos Segkounas like this.
  8. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's great info, thanks:)

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The incoming new build 1.37 brings to you, like the Metalmoro MR1, the new visual damages (scratches) to the mod.

The feature is not yet fully developed by Studio 397 and it will be done in the future. Atm, in this case (OW) we have the main body and nose that are "scratchable" and the front and rear wings that are only detachable.

It is our intention to update the feature in the future as well as to add the new rain environment and, later, we hope to update the mod to... uhm, I hope to inform you soon. Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys!

10. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Thank you!!!

11. philman

philman Registered

Great work. Thanks.

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

sorry, but I'm uploading a new build 1.38 (already available in Steam) where I removed some unneeded files...

Jego likes this.
  13. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Why you say sorry, mate? You are doing this work for free and now you are uploading an update to improve the epic mod you already created. You don't have never say sorry to us

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks, but please do not forget that I'm only one of the people that participated to the development.
    The GP3 development involved several people, many of them much more skilled than me: each of us was involved into specific tasks.
    I'm leading this free group trying to motivate every friend to do the best possible! And we must not forget the help of Michael Borda - ISI and now S397 and the famous "Mr.D"!

Guimengo likes this.
  15. Magus

Magus Registered

@Slow Motion Thank you for the constant update on this terrific, however I just tried the latest version on SIlverstone GP and being side by side we suddenly became joined with no way of separating. His rear tire was at times visible in my cockpit and no matter what angle the cars took we were still stuck. This went on for 3 or 4 corners till we hit a 3rd car, who also became stuck to us. I don't have a video replay or youtube account to show you, the replay was pretty amusing but I am sure it can be replicated easily.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  16. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Registered

I had exactly the same thing happen to me too. I don't have replays on unfortunately so I haven't got something for you to watch but it's easily recreatable by hitting or even coming close to another car

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Mates, I sold out any idea!
    Theoretically nothing is easier than setting correctly the collision into a mod: one box that contains (more or less) the car. Advice is to keep the poly number as slow as possible, in any case much better if faces are below 200; the GP3 collide box is 108 faces only!
    It means no risk of out-of-sync of rF2 engine in case of accidents, etc...
    Everything worked always nice, for months, than I was informed of "shadow" collision between cars (video posted few days ago) and I discovered that the planes that project the shadows for the body, nose, front wing and tires, always set to "not collidable", on the contrary affected the collision and I did not want to believe my eyes... Fixed it, reducing the size of them (something that doesn't make sense), seems to have enhanced the potential issue in the collisions.
    For what I know, Studio 397 is working hard on improving a lot of things since few months ago and these new features, like visual damages, rain drops on car/windows, etc., can be done only changing and improving a lot of code and the damage model too.
    I already informed S397 about this kind of "attraction" (like a magnet) between cars and also car vs. track' objects.
    In my opinion we must wait for a while, giving time to S397 to end the first development of all these new features and to publish a new build: later we'll see what must be modified into the mod or if everything will come back for collision and better than in the past.

Of course if somebody has some idea, please feel free to PM me!

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In that case isn't better to revert all the recent changes?

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

ehehe Will, I have now tens of different builds and hundreds of files stored in several folders... I'm stubborn and I'm the first to hope in finding a better workaround and maybe, balancing changes, I have found a way to have the correct side collision but without "attraction" (at least not too much strong) and also nose to rear of the front car, but with 2, 3 cms before the contact, so there is no attraction. And, in case of strong hit, also if the nose enters behind the car in front, again there is no attraction...
    I'm testing it on several different builds...
    Before releasing a new build, I'll ask also other guys for testing...

Corti, Pocisk, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post updated with build 1.41, the final (maybe) attempt to improve collisions.
    Now few days of rest looking at the new season... happy new year guys!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Churrinche, TJones, Emery and 6 others like this.