[REL] GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 2.31

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Jun 4, 2017.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

Thanks for this mod. Top notch.
    The visor in VR should be implemented for all RF2 content, it is very immersive.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hope that a lot !

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

Great mod! Thanks mate!
    I got very big fps impact with the "rain visor", when it's raining. With the visor without raindrops effect, the fps is normal.
    Anybody else?

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Trident cars have been updated and Piquet added. Main changes to the look here below

PIQUET.jpg
    tveter.jpg

pkelly, Corti, Daniel Surace and 2 others like this.
  5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

added several sponsors to MP and new color for front wing...

kari.jpg
    palmer.jpg

F1Aussie, Corti and nericksenna like this.
  6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Well, today CAMPOS cars are ready with all new logos, also ARDEN, JENZER, MP and TRIDENT are updated... with the great help of some people in the GP3 teams, that provided hires pictures for several logos that were really impossible to be seen and read, but we need some more work on few details.

Thank you as usual for the attention deserved to the mod!
    Few updated cars on tracks...
    20180517191450_1.jpg 20180517191025_1.jpg 20180517190633_1.jpg 20180517190618_1.jpg 20180517190557_1.jpg 20180517190542_1.jpg

7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I really can't stop driving this cars. It's the only open wheel car so far I enjoy so much. The feeling of the car is so great und it feels just so right. Thanks for improving a already awesome mod.

zzigg likes this.
  8. zzigg

zzigg Registered

l love this new RUBBER. now we can work with the right foot. thank you. great work

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

is this finished ? is it on steam ?

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Steam link in first post.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

These cars are fantastic. Probably the best feeling of car on the limit then any other mod/ official content imo. I'd love if any member want to do some casual racing together with these.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is there any plans for a league with these

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

rf2Asia is running a league with 2017 cars currently see www.rf2asia.com
    We may run 2018 after this if people want another round, although don't forget the earlier years. 2016 is a real challenge to drive!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

16. wickedfable

wickedfable Registered

I am a huge fan of this mod so I, first of all, want to say thank you to the team that has brought it to life.

I recently took a short break from rFactor 2 before the new 2018 update to the GP3 mod came out. I came back to it and have found that my lap times are much decreased. I have only been using the 2016 cars, however, since starting this mod a few months ago so I am wondering if anything has changed with that part of the mod?

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Not at all. On the contrary, due to the new 2018 tires, the 2018 cars are a little bit faster than other "classes".

18. wickedfable

wickedfable Registered

I may have said it to sound like the opposite of what I meant, not that it matters, haha. I meant that I am still using the 2016 cars even after the 2018 update and I have gotten considerably faster since I last played (though I can't really see anything that I am doing significantly different). My times with the 2016 cars before the update were several seconds slower than my current times after the update, however I'm still using the same 2016 class weirdly. But if nothing has changed, then I'll just be happy that I'm faster for some reason now!

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Ahh ops... I misunderstood... decreasing time = increasing performances, LOL

I watched changelog in details and I confirm:
    • nothing changed for 2016 class since build 1.0
    • few improvements to DRS physics for 2017 class starting build 1.31
    • new CPM tires ONLY for 2018 class starting build 2.00
    • changes to steering wheel physics, common to all classes, starting build 2.00
    Not easy to understand the reasons, maybe more than one, because in such long time there were a lot of improvements to the rF2 code and a lot of tracks were updated... in addition the surface conditions can do a big differences in performances and yes, driving style maybe the biggest reason.

20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I have a question that bugged me for a while. I've read that your mod is one of the best when it comes to physics fidelity and you used detailed real data as input to the model. Also I believe real word drivers test the mod so it should handle very close to reality, which is not so common. But I've seen some opinions that even in rF2, which has complicated and detailed model and even with a lot of real data it still requires to "fudge"(put some non real/fake data) some input parameters so that the car actually handles correctly/realistically. I was a bit surprised about it because previously I've read somewhere that in rF2(but it might have been rFactor pro) , when you input real data to the model, you get most realistic handling among commercial sims.
    So if new CPM tires are significantly different, why S397 wouldn't just re-compile all CPM tires to newest version and quickly update all official mods. Instead they pretty much use CPMv2 only in recently released cars(i.e. GT3 Power Pack, Radical, Formula E). So the explanation could be that it's not that simple - you can't just swap tires without changing some other (fudged?) parameters, because without it a car would handle significantly different (at high speeds).

So back to the case of GP3 mod. If I'm correct, it previously used old CPM tires, which where somewhat flawed (contact patch was smaller at high speed/high load) but it still somehow handled correctly according to real GP3 drivers. So I see few explanations:
    1) Previously you had to fudge some data(aero?) so at high speeds car handled realistically despite old CPM tires
    2) You previously used some specific/custom tires (i.e. non CPM) that were good enough and behaved closely to new CPM.
    3) The change to new tires doesn't impact car behavior so much after all. Car might have been too slippery at high speeds but not enough to be detected or really bother real drivers that tested the mod. This explanation is plausible because in a sim there are a lot of conditions that make bigger difference(lack of g-force, rig, gear, FFB, different sense of speed if not in VR). So that small differences in handling are overshadowed.
    4) The new tires that are custom made by Michael Borda behave somehow similar to old tires, even if old ones didn't use official data.

You said that 2018 cars should be a bit faster with new tires so I guess you didn't change other parameters in the model for this release to accommodate for the new tires.

Also what is the mod in development that will also use the Pirelli tires that are front tires in GP3?

Guimengo likes this.