Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mantasisg, Nov 19, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you.

I was a big fan of older Goodwood mod, and I drove it so much. I respect it's creators, but must say that in terms of accuracy it was incredibly off. I have had to make one track (Nemuno Ziedas) without proper data, and I know what it takes to try to make things reasonably accurate. Thankfully there was a LiDAR data for Goodwood, so it was easy there.

I can't wait for 1967 cars set update to be out. It is really awesome to have 1954 cars car set.

I agree about AI, those were mostly big compromises so AI would stay on road. Since then I have learned quite a bit things about how to model physics and adjust AI per car. I learned that it is the issue of the physics/AI modeling of the car if it drifts out too easily. So in future there will be much less compromised AI fastest patch. Same will go for blocking path, because I keep finding AI opening good opportunities to overtake as they block at some spots, rather than actually defend the position.

Thats true about bumps. There may certainly be bump there and there which shouldn't be in the surface really. But there are also bumps that certainly belongs to the track, so thats the reason why it is not a simple option just to make track smoother. By the way, there are few bumps which I am certain being wrong, and in mesh it is very hard to detect them precisely, because it is something like 1cm dip/bump over 50 meters, will be working on that.

pascom, woochoo and Seven Smiles like this.
  2. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Quic Vic likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh yes, it sure is. But I only have had little time to enjoy it yet, because been too busy recently. I think it is awesome car, I need more time with it.

4. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Hi chaps, we'll be racing mister Mantasisg's excellent Goodwood mod on Sat. the 21st. Have our own little revival. Feel free to join us (40 mins race), Discord link: https://discord.gg/Vy6aAZE

[​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  5. coxy267

coxy267 Registered

Fantastic work man, love the map!!

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You are welcome. Thank you for using the track, people.

mister dog likes this.