Goodwood 1954 (movie)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Emery, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

mantasisg and Corti like this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I love this beauties!!

3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Someone should update the @mantasisg circuit to PBR shaders and I would be there all the time. Actually think I've found my favourite aesthetic pleasing cars ever!

mantasisg, Corti and Mauro like this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

Rheims, Silverstone, Monza, Rouen, and possibly Bremgarten or '30s Donington are mixed in.

Corti and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Wow, thats a gem. Been a while since I watched movies, and 40s-60s were always my favorite cinema years. Will get a beer and watch it.

@Nieubermesch Yeah I wish so too, but ultimately I would be most happy to be able to do it myself. Unfortunately rF2 modding is not so much approachable as I wish, also I am not on genius and dedication level of, for example - svictor.

I would also have lots of 50s cars and 60s, much more than I could physically produce in a lifetime with proper quality unless it was may way of making a living lol

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, I understand you would like to do it yourself, but some guys in the community like Digga make such a good job with PBR graphics that they could do that ;).

I'm considering investing some time from now on on learning modding at least some cars... I don't know where to actually gather some data and all, since what I've saw on those crazy excell tables is trully extensive... I would actually like to start a project of making my road car into the game :D:D:D. Mitsubishi Carisma, but I don't know how many hours I would need to learn and then also do it... :eek:

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You mustn't go full pro immediately. Just start doing it. Without excell at first, just get familiar with parameters. And data is overrated. It is super important, but few significant logic flaws in building car physics, and it won't be anything like real thing. Without data you can be off some places not so much to make it totally unrealistic if you keep everything consistent.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Thanks for the tips ;).