Good Place to Find New RF2 Mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ComputerCarRacing, Jan 13, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

But it's still known internally at ISI as Modder's Test. The modding capabilities need to be tested and tweaked before the final release of the game.

Now whether these test mods will be released for the public, that's another issue. And yeah, it's only the 5th day of the mod, there's no hurry. =)

2. coops

coops Banned

i know some ppl who are working on putting a track in asap and will update it every time they get an update if they have too.just remember when they do this it will only be as good as the beta allows it.

3. dice65

dice65 Registered

thanks for joesville , if the dirt cars and tracks look as good as these omg what a sim , cant wait ! right now im lovin roadracing again ,edit ,joesville is sweet ! im getting a weird line on the concrete wall as im going around the track ,but i can live with it , more tracks please lol

steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  4. Kev Higgins

Kev Higgins Registered

I don't think anyone is expecting anything to look 'great' at this stage, but this open beta is FOR modders.. That's been stated more than once by ISI staff here on these forums. The beta is designed not only to give us a look at what's coming, but for modders to begin to mod, to try out things, and release them, as that part surely requires testing too.. So I don't see how asking for mods / the location of / where to find 3rd party content as being unreasonable. At this stage, nobody is talking about quality.

That said, a lot of the larger modding groups have been teasing for months before an open beta was announced, thier work on rF2 mods, so I wouldn't be too supprised if soon we don't start to see first releases of these mods, which will of course be updated etc along with the rF2 development. Nobody in thier right mind would in this stage release a mod/track and have it be considered final.

5. UFAModding

UFAModding Registered

Settle down people, it's a BETA. Let them sort their stuff out before pestering for new mods. Look at it this way. If they release more mods now, while they are still in the process of fixing issues and completing the game, then they are just creating more work for themselves because then the not only have to do work on the game, but also upgrade the released mods making it harder to focus and then they may miss something that you will all complain about later saying that they should have fixed it......when they were working on new mods you demanded. You get my point ?

Let them do what they do best. They know what they have to do so let them do it so we all end up with an absolutely KICK ASS sim for us all to enjoy :)

Good work ISI, keep it up :cool: