Go online!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timpie Claessens, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Please! Get into another server then the Megane server. So much content and everyone's in 1 server with the easiest car in the entire game :p

It's sad to see the F2 and FR3.5 and the other openwheelers get so little love :(

2. perplex

perplex Registered

yep ISR is dominating the lobby with their servers mostly. I would love to see some FR 3.5 too because the handling, sounds, ffb is really nice.

But honestly im really happy with Megane coz before that, there was only Clio Servers, mills inner loop etc which is even more boring...

3. lamo

lamo Registered

Yep!
    If anyone could set up a server with the new FISI, I´d be there.

4. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I would love to race rF2 online but there is always just the one server I can join from the entire lobby list, all the rest are marked with "X", I try and join and it attempts to get the missing content, but alas, it has never worked so far...

5. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

our server is friendly for all :)

Open wheeler server

6. kevinho

kevinho Registered

I will talk to my people about an open-wheel server...it will be called "world-racing-league.com" - at the moment we're also running a megane server...server location is germany btw

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Bit annoying sometimes, guess its just the timezones. Last couple of nights, all the servers with decent numvers are ones that require almost every track to be installed. Either that or they are all closed sessions with pwords. Clios, Meganes or F3's
    Where are the F1 servers, or Corvettes, rrrrrrrr

Durge ran a 60's F1 server at Brianza 10k the other week, was great, something different. but then come race time, total carnage XD
    Back to F3's. Guess most peeps can get a good race out of them.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I think a lack of F1 servers is because of a complete season of tracks, and an up to date F1 mod :)

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well the latest Formula ISI from the other day is bloody great, especially combined with the Marussia.
    Dont see why it has to be a f1 season track either, Mills is great fun, mid ohio is jist a bit hilly but hilarious. Sepang, Estoril...cmaaaaaaaan
    Or is it that people dont want to run without driver aids XD

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I like to follow along with the calender, that's all :)

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I think that's down to the quality and abundance of their admin (not to say other servers don't, i just think IsR does it best of all). You will almost always find an IsR member on their servers (and when it gets busy at least a good dozen of them) who continuously filter out the unsafe (unfit to race) drivers.

12. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

True!

13. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I tried to join a Megane server(I have the correct Mod or Component as its called now), it was running a track I have (it was the correct version), I just wanted to have a quick race or praccy with my fellow sim racers using that combo, however due to the setting on the server I needed to download another 6 tracks that i don't particularly want to race on in order to join. UTTER MADNESS!!

Wake up ISI PLEASE.

Go ONLINE lol :mad:

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

There's around 100 servers and all players could fit on 1 server at any given time.. What the hell is going!

Sad state of affairs:(

15. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

I was running a server (which will be down for a short bit) with one or two tracks so people can hop on without downloading GBs of tracks but then people didnt like because I didn't have enough choice :rolleyes:

16. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

I've been an open beta owner pretty much since the start, but I have not driven RF2 regularly for months, since sometime back in 2012. It is not because I do not sim-race anymore, far from it, I probably spend ~15 hours per week sim-racing.

I believe I'm up to date on builds (228), but I am totally lost in the ISI content, because of how some tracks only come/came with specific cars and how some (but not all yet?) have been separated.

Maybe there are quite a few owners like me, feeling confused, so the online community is really quite small?

17. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Thank God there are others who feel the same way!
    Firstly it's frustrating that I sometimes can't join servers because I don't have certain tracks (even though the version of the tracks required isn't the latest one so I've to search for and download the previous versions of the tracks).
    Secondly, megane!! Don't people want to drive/race other cars? Granted they are fun but still!
    Also, almost all of the servers are empty! I dislike playing offline with the AI because they are no fun at all.

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

the servers of the other mods are empty because people run where he finds more people running.
    if you and another two or three riders stay on a server, for example that of the clio, you'll see that in just a an hour will be more populated.
    I saw that you were talking of the formula 3.5, if you want ISR can organize a VMOD and open a server, but it's up to you to make it work after trying to use only one.
    Then for what concerns our server management, we try to make things better, and to educate the drivers who come to run from us, if we want to understand how a rider races he is welcome, if not, and so will first kick and then ban.

Babs

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Maybe I should develop an online application where drivers can choose what type of race they would like to join, others can see it and then they can join together.

Kind of the iRacing qualify/race selection. You subscribe to a race, others can see it and join too.

What's missing is that people wanting to join the same server do not know about each other, they see no one in game, so they give it a pass (like Babs said)....this app can solve this problem. :)

20. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

an application for improving the approach to the lobby server is good idea.
    but I also think that when the download system will be refined, that user can download what they need to play, things will improve a lot.
    It is then up to the user to follow the community that he likes the most and follow the various VMOD that these communities choose for their server.
    for example, we have a section dedicated to public servers, so user enters the thread of VMOD and have all the necessary fields link to make a quick download and come running in our server.
    I think we're doing a route to get to a finished product at the very forefront.
    An example are the skins of the cars that are installed in real time, this is also something that I have not seen yet on other Sims.

Babs