gMotorMaterial Problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by JJStrack, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i have problems using the gMotorMatreial in 3ds MAX. my MAX 2011 always brakes down when i try to use the gmat in the Material Editor.
    In Max 2010 the Material, with the "road shader two diffuse maps" selected, looks as seen in the picture. View attachment 1057
    shouldn't the Textures Status fields be green, and the maps should be called "road tex, road mult etc"!?
    When i assign the Material to some object it only shows black.
    Has someone any idea what could be causing this?
    Please note that i am completly new to 3dsMax and modding and don't really have a clue about all that...but since i can't get it working, i really can't even start to make any sense of it all. So any help on this problem would be highly appreciated!
    Also sorry for the bad english :p
    Edit: additional Info: renderer is set so scanline, all Max Versions are 32bit, the plugin and mas files where put to the folders freew67 described in his Tutorial on Youtube, my graphics Driver was updated today.

2. les

les Registered

3ds max 2011 is not officially supported

3ds max 2011 is not officially supported, 3ds max 2010 is, some people say they have 2011 working. i tried it with 2011 and i could not get it to work right, so i got 2010 no problems with 2010

3. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

This may sound like a silly question, but did you actually assign the texture maps to the texture stages?

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i just started the mat-editor, selected the gmotormaterial in the material/map browser and selected the shader. did nothing else...

5. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

You need to set up the actual texture stages (i.e. assign textures to them). Just click on the Map #1 (gMat) button and assign a texture according to the track technology document posted in the Tutorials thread.

6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

uuuh ok, seems like i didn't get the bacis steps right...watched freew67 s tutorial on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjrH...xt=C328ccb1UDOEgsToPDskIe2ocJR3mu4DkfyoR1epix on this..now it works. freew67 now officially is my hero ;)

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

Im headed out right now to buy a cape! I highly suggest doing some tutorials on the basics of max to get your bearings before diving deep into a track. Learning the basics will make the track stuff easy. :)