gMotor2 error since FEB2019 Roadmap update ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tswracer56, Mar 3, 2019.

1. tswracer56

tswracer56 Registered

OK so once again steam and rF2 autoupdates present problems - trying to load any of the F1 1975 cars and I get the famous gMotor2 error message in two places.
    1. Selecting a car (any one of the F1 1975 models) and going to the tuning screen
    2. Skip the tuning option go straight to loading any track - loading bar stops at almost 90% and when forced after a long time of no action - the car loads with some image of wheels and nothing else>>>

We had these "update" nonsense before so what now and when will this be resolved

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

F1 1975? The third-party mod?

3. stonec

stonec Registered

The roadmap thing is not an update. Roadmap simply means there is an article. There has been no rF2 update since two weeks ago, as you can check from this website.

Alex72 likes this.
  4. tswracer56

tswracer56 Registered

Are we now going to waste time arguing about the update - - Every time I load STEAM (why this part is involved with rF2 I really dont know (besides making money) I get a message (IF THERE IS AN UPDATE) that there is an update for rF2 or for F1 2018 or for Race track Builder or for MotoGP 2018 as those are the games I have through STEAM. Obviously I do not load STEAM unnessecary but do so now and again to see if there will be updates for STEAM as well as for the particular game (in this case rF2)

If the update was not as a result of the Roadmap Feb 2019 then it was, as you refer, TWO WEEKS ago and my point is that BEFORE that update F1 1975 worked fine.

Obviously, the next form of defence now pops its head and reference are made to third party mods. So now they will get the blame I suppose and rF2 will just continue as is.

It is becoming clear to me that rF2 is no where near the idea that rF1 brought to thousands of users (a platform where developers can do what they do best, develop tracks, cars, series and what not for what was (and still is) a fantastic platform.

In my training years regarding software design, one thing I was always reminded of was when you upgrade your software make sure that it stays BACK WARD COMPATIBLE - is that so difficult?

So what happens now ? do I write off a mod in the name of progress or is it of any use to rF2 developers to be made aware of a problem and perhaps get some pointers towards resolving this.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The patches don't break backwards compatibility. You should talk the people who made the 1975 mod for help.

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

My man... That 1975 mod has been bringing up errors for a while, even before DX11 was a thing.
    It's not well converted to be frank. It could do with a solid patching up, but the guy who made it seems to be busy with real life at the moment and has been for a while, so... Yep, you have to abandon it until it's been fixed.

And if you do not believe me that it's been a troublesome port for a while, check out the 1975 mods topic on this very forum.

pkelly, Superdevil and Ari Antero like this.