Glance View - Add Dash and Mirror

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Fabio Pittol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Well, the title says it all.

With the release of the Stock Cars it strengthened an idea that was in my head for quite a while. Today we have key mappings for glancing the view Left and Right (and Back). When you run realistic FOVs with cars like the Stock Cars (and you don't have a freaking triple-screen rig) you just can't see the dashboard instruments, let alone the center mirror. So you end up "cheating" yourself by changing the FOV, seat position and enabling the virtual mirror.

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

You can map keys to look up and down too. I believe combining the button presses gives you a combined view if required. Also, I use dash meter pro on my Note 3. Gives a ton of info.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Look up & down are pretty much useless. Specially the up one, since why the heck are you going to look straight up? There's nothing there! The mirror is to the center of the car (or not, if it's a cam). The down one is a little bit more useful, but not really. When I press it, I see more the floor of the car than the dash. And it's not a subtle movement at all to replicate the idea of glancing, which is what a real driver would do.

And I an external app, running on an external device is not really in the same ballpark of the subject here, right?