[REL] Gingerman Raceway by James Mabe On Sale Now!

Discussion in 'Locations' started by cyruscloud, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

3. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

From what I have been told a new e-mail will be sent out to everyone who purchased with a link to the updated version.

On another note, sales are going ok so far but I could still stand some word spread so if you are able and want to support me let others know where you can in communities you normally hang out in, I would much appreciate it.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I was going to male a video review of it. But when you posted earlier that updates will come, I wasn't sure weather to wait....

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I also thought about making a little video review actually. But I need to find some decent settings, both capture and render settings, so the video won't end up looking awful on YT. That would kinda defeat the whole purpose. :D

6. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've tried this track with skipbarber and specmiata : it's an amazing feeling!

Many thanks for this track...and don't change too much in the next update! :eek:

7. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Ok, I need a little bit of help from someone with one of the wheels that's force feedback was chattering. Basically if you have any track you can mess with in Devmode then try using the tdf section below as the main road and let me know the results. I want to be sure this edit works before I commit to it for the update.

// Bumpy road 1 //Bumps for Cracked Surface
    [FEEDBACK]
    Wear=1.00 Dry=0.98 Wet=0.81 Roughness=(0.50,0.3) Resistance=0.0 BumpAmp=0.002 BumpWavelen=0.6 Legal=true Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.4 Sparks=1 Scraping=1 Sound=dry
    Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=SMOKETire.tga Max=1024 Scale=(0.5,0.5,0.5) Growth=(2.5,2.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(0.1,0.7,3.8) Suspension=0.98 DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidwet.tga Max=1024 Duration=0.40 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=One SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Reaction=spray Tex=rainspray.tga Max=1024 Scale=(1.3,0.02,0.02) Growth=(2.0,0.19,0.19) GrowthVel=(0.17,0.13,0.13) Power=0.41 RampSpeed=90.0 OffsetVel=0.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.01,3.0,2.0) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
    Materials=road

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And you should also test with people who did not have chattering wheels to make sure it still feels realistic to them. It's sometimes tricky to find settings that work for the three major wheel manufacturers.

9. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Yes, any wheel users that want to try this and give me some idea on what they are feeling can. Basically if I can establish numbers that are giving wheel users a smooth feel but still realistic, and numbers that give a rough feel but not too strong and still realistic then I can basically work within that window on future tracks and have a good idea of what wheel users are going to experience so I can make sure they feel what I want them to feel.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Will you send test versions to existing purchasers who volunteer?

11. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Don't really need to, can just take any track in dev mode and set what I placed as the road feedback and test how it makes the force feedback react. Some knowledgeable people can probably put my track in dev mode but I'm not asking for that just to get an indication on how the simulated cracks affect the force feedback. It won't be much longer to wait for the update once I can confirm the fix is going to work.

12. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Update will be released soon, unfortunately no one has tested the example tdf change to give me any idea if that change is enough for those experiencing force feedback chattering. Since those numbers are close to what I was told by the nordscheleife developers that fixed the problem for them I am assuming it is enough but I have changed the bumpwavelen up to 0.8 instead of 0.6 which should make the bumps a little further apart and a little less chatter than the first example.

As mentioned before the update is also going to have the animated marshals and updates to the trees. The changes to the trees can be seen below, the difference is pretty staggering really.

Attached Files:

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wow, that looks a ton better, nice work man :D Definitely going to purchase this now

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Good news on the update. Just wanted to mention that I am not surprised you didn't get any takers for testing given what you were expecting them to do. To avoid a potential headache of requiring an update to fix the update, I would find some testers and send the new bumps version to them as a plug and play track while you are finishing up other things. Make sure it fixes the chattering for some without removing the bumps or making them unrealistic for others. Just my 2 cents worth!

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"Make sure it fixes the chattering for some without removing the bumps or making them unrealistic for others"

+1

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The updated track looks just magnificent in those screens! Wow I all I have to say.

I knew it was a good idea to invest in this project. All those who haven't purchased are really missing out on a top notch track.

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Is that a different tree shader? Looks great!
    Can you check the bump map for the road? It seems the normals are inverted in one direction (third picture, the crack in front of the car looks strange).

18. Justy

Justy Registered

Excellent! Looking forward to the update. Apologies for not stepping up to help with testing. To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue what I am doing, in terms of editing track files. If you still require testing then, I would be happy to help, but you will have to send me an "idiots guide to rf2 track tinkering".

Anyway, the visual improvements look brill! Personally I've not really seen anything untoward, but seeing your screens, made me realise I haven't tried driving this track in the early morning/late evening yet.

Thanks again. :)

EDIT:

Couldn't agree more, well said.

19. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Basically I just need wheel users, specially ones who had chatter that have dev mode installed. Anyone with at least a track working in dev mode which you should have unless you deleted joesville from dev mode should have that. Then you would need to open the .tdf file for that track and find the entry that has Materials=road in the final line and replace it with my sample, save and test the track in dev mode.This will basically let me know how the force feedback reacts to the bumps being created by the tdf which I am using to simulate road cracks.

20. Justy

Justy Registered

OK, well I don't have dev mode installed yet, but I will download it tonight and have a go at this tomorrow evening.