[REL] Ginetta G60-LT-P1 LMP1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by haasje33, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Awesome, thank you guys, i always race with lmp2 and gtes, now i can include lmp1 in the equation, driving is fantastic, the feel of the car is absolutely brilliant.
    A fantastic car, thanks everyone who involved in making this incredible car, so far only one complain about the in car mirror, its very low reso for now, i hope it can get update too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    atomed likes this.
  2. Norman K.

Norman K. Registered

3. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Fabulous job fellas!
    Thank you very much!
    Please, and thank you!

Norman K. likes this.
  4. SunBro

SunBro Registered

Hi, thanks for the mod but i can't stop being distracted by the spiderman eye headlights. What happened to your original headlights? The current headlights are... simply put... incredibly unrealistic. Will you ever return to the original ones in the first screens? Those are how it should be as evidenced by real life photographs.

5. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

after the last update I noticed that the first gear was longer than the seventh gear and the gears cannot be changed in garage page pecause transmissions are locked. must starting drive a second gear

6. haasje33

haasje33 Registered

@SunBro Nothing has changed on the graphical side of the car. The only changes have been on the physics side.

@mjo1704 We'll look into the gear ratios, but they haven't changed in the last update.

7. SunBro

SunBro Registered

I was talking about this:

This is not realistic.
    screen-018.jpg

THIS is realistic.
    screen-009.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  8. SunBro

SunBro Registered

It's not like it's a case of "can't do"

You guys have literally accomplished the realistic look but destroyed it during this pre-release/internal update https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ginetta-g60-lt-p1-lmp1.68090/#post-1050960

Here are some further photographic evidence that on your current model, headlights are unrealistic. The whole glass becomes pure white. Looks awful. While on the real car, only the individual leds lit up and create a small bulb effect when viewed from a distance (which is still not enough to fill up the whole freaking headlight area)

6-team-lnt-ginetta-g60-lt-p1-a.jpg Ginetta_G60-LT-P1-_Mecachrome_-_Team_CEFC_TRSM_Racing_-_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans_2018.jpg gettyimages-1180818481-1024x1024.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  9. haasje33

haasje33 Registered

The one you're calling realistic was a very early render, where the headlights were not working properly in terms of visibility. It's a trade-off between having it look authentic and having good visibility in the car and I'm sorry, but visibility is a bigger priority for us than authentic looking headlights. Also, if you look at the official S397 cars, all of them have fully illuminated headlights, so this issue is most likely tied to the game rather than the model itself.

Rogger, makan, Elcid43 and 3 others like this.
  10. SunBro

SunBro Registered

11. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Did we ever show the full car in 3dsmax? [​IMG]

Rogger, jayarrbee36 and atomed like this.
  12. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Sorry for the late reply but the lights where fixed very fast after the release.
    I had a small question for Alex (S397) back then that was so kind to reply. I was able to tweak the code a little better and the lights where back to normal with the same power upfront of the car ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Rogger, SunBro, Hazi and 6 others like this.
  13. SunBro

SunBro Registered

Yup i noticed and thanked you on discord iirc, in any case, thanks.