Getting out of Sim Racing, G27 for sale in US

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Gearjammer, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Guys, I no longer have much of an ability to race, so my slightly used G27 is going on the block. I am in the US so if you are not, consider what the shipping costs will be before you ask about the wheel. I have less than 15 hours of use on the G27 and have the original box with all hardware that came with it. The wheel functions perfectly as do the pedals. Along with this is a Leo Bodnar USB cable that I purchased for my pedals so they were not attached to the wheel. Nothing has been modded and nothing has been opened up, which means there might be some dust inside the pedal set, but not much. I will be blowing it out before I package it up anyways.

I am asking $175 plus shipping or $200 including shipping within the US. You can reply here or PM me or email me at keirgarth at gmail dot com.

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Come on that's a big mistake :p

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If there were any way to get rid of the pain in my hands, I would stay, but can't drive for more than 15 to 25 minutes, so not worth my time anymore.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I was having the same problem. Mostly in my wrists. I have a massive death grip. I swapped the wheel on my G27 for a suede 330mm Momo MOD78 and started using gloves which helped a ton with my death grip. I also got into running which forced me to start drinking a ton of water. I now realize I never drank enough water. Now I totally recognize a connection between my joint pain and being dehydrated. Now if I start feeling joint pains I start drinking a bunch of water and it normally goes away.

Probably nothing you haven't thought of already, but figured I would at least share.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks Noel, appreciate the thought on that bit. I have been seeing the Docs since Feb of 2010 about the pain but they still have no clue why I have the pain. They keep on wanting to put me on pain meds, but I can't legally drive while taking them so they don't do me much good to be honest. I prefer to keep a clear head anyways.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

that is a real bad thing. Never heard about before. I'm very sorry for you :(

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Have you considered seeing a good Chiropracter?

8. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

What is your age? If over 40 simple cod liver oil can do wonders, certainly doesn't do any harm apart from tasting fish if you burp within an hour of taking it.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So sorry to hear this Gearjammer. If it's joint pain, arthritis, etc. As Murtaya mentioned take some cod liver oil, or regular fish oil. Get the regular or flavoured ones from Nordic Naturals or Carlson.

Also start taking MSM powder, and building up to more and more of it, do the same with Vitamin C (either in ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate form)

Start taking Silica and Biotin as well.

There's a couple other things too.

Over a short period of time it should almost definitely help pain in the joints, arthritis pain, etc.

PM if you want more details. On good quality brands/forms and more info.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions, thank you. I do have to say that there is no evidence of arthritis in my hands, I have had nerve conduction tests done 3 times with normal readings so no neuropathy. The pain is constant and mild, but when I use my hands to do things that require I grip, the pain escalates. Once I stop, the pain drops back down to normal in a few minutes.

All that being said, I would like to get this back on topic of selling my wheel. I am in no hurry though, so if someone is interested, take your time, I want you to be sure of your purchase :)

11. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

In my family quite a lot suffered from the "carpal tunnel syndrome". Did your neurologist rule that out already?

Under regular circumstances, the "Medianusnerv" (dunno what it's called in English) shows normal conduction values when tested with electrified needles, but when having to lift heavier objects, having to grip things for a longer time or at night, affected people suffer from pain often described like lots of pinholes. Their strained hands are quite often clenched for a couple of minutes, they can't open their hands sometimes because of that.

A rather small surgery can fix that, all of my family members who suffered from this have no issues now with zero downsides.

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Unfortunately Robert, that was ruled out pretty much first thing, so no simple surgery for me :( Thank you for the suggestion though.

13. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Hi Gearjammer,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I too have had some health problems that i believe are related to computer use, so i feel for what your going through. I haven't touched my rig in months and keep computer use to a minimum. I have also thought about selling up too, and would of done so if i hadn't spent so much time and money on my setup recently. I don't know what to say, hope it gets better for you, but of course if the sim racing is causing you pain then you got to do what you got to do. Please don't give up hope bud, maybe you will find some answers and a solution some day, and if anybody's going to dig deeper to find a solution it's going to be you, not some indifferent doctor im sorry to say. All the best to you.

14. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@Gearjammer....It's weeks on I realize.
    How are you doing man!
    Hopefully the pain is less.