getting kicked using custom skin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stevy, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I deleted all skin files from the server after the update yesterday, and tested with a couple of liveries, it seemed to transfer the livereies between the two players and didnt kick from race.
    This was by simply copying the dds file into the folder that is created when you customise within game.
    Creating a team car from that dds worked, but got booted out at race start....

2. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

- Server will now kick a client using a custom team if file transfers are disabled because that client would be kicked when a race starts anyway.
    Source

Perhaps this does fix the problem?
    Sounds like they’re treating the symptom by forcing an ‘early kick’ rather than the cause... Still, I guess that’s slightly better than the panic you get when you are kicked seconds before the race session starts....

I assume we’ll be getting some helpful pop up messages to explain a kick when it happens? No?

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Is the Team Car functionality working yet? I tried creating a new team car for a skin (using current release candidate) yesterday but was kicked from the servers we use when the session clicked over to Race....

...I don’t know for sure whether these servers have file sharing enabled (but you can definitely get a custom skin to load and work as long as it’s not part of a team car....)

Most frustrating!

4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Still broken it seems.

Basic custom skins work fine but Team cars get booted when the server clicks over to Race.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

@Mangoletsi - yes I did - and I commented quite early on about it in the roadmap thread.

With my background, I can sometimes be accused of over-analysing the wording of such statements - but the roadmap talks (to me) only of improving skin transfers and nothing specific about the race-kick bug introduced in the new UI for Team cars.

Basic skins (applying a skin to an existing car number/entry) work ok but have always had a slightly clunky transfer - which the roadmap statement specifically addresses.

Team cars (where a new custom car entry is created in the vehicle list and is differentiated in timing screens etc.) remains broken and un-referenced in the roadmap statement unless you wishfully read between the lines.

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Let’s hope so!

7. Ozzie

Ozzie Registered

The skin transfer is still broken in v1.1125. Now the game locks up when you try to join the dedicated server with a custom skin.

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

We’re no longer suffering this problem on the current build as long as the player is using a skin loaded on an existing vehicle (I.e. custom skin as opposed to a Team car (with different descriptions etc.))…

…or, at least, we’ve had no problems in the last two weeks with the 3rd-party Lola T290 cars.

We did have one user booted by the system come the race session due to a vehicle class mismatch - (I.e. the Team car issue, I think).