GetMod Problem

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Paul Swire, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Hi I have searched the forums for my answer but have been unable to find it.

I have 3 servers running on my dedi. I have set them all up the same with different ports for each and all work well. People can join and race on all of them ok.

The problem I am having is that I can only use the GetMod feature to work on one of them. I have checked all the ports etc in the firewall and everything is open as far as I can tell. All have Enable Autodownloads="1" in the multiplayer.ini.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Ah is this why I have not been able to join a server? I was thinking I must have missed something at my end.

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You are probably not running the same (v)mod at all 3 servers. Just for a test try to run the mod that works on one of the servers where Get Mod usually doesn't work. If it works then you probably have a vmod naming problem.
    If it still doesn't work you can try to stop the other two dedicated servers and see if it works running only one server.

4. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Get Mod Problem

Below is a snippet from the way I set up our servers.

Some say that you do not have to do what we do, but it works every time.

What we do, is copy the Packages folder into the server core directory and increase the file download for each
    instance from 500 to 1500.

Server #1

WAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    WAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Query Port="44297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Join Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

HTTP Server Enabled="1" // Whether the dedicated server starts a HTTP server
    HTTP Server Max File Size="1500" // Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide
    HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path

Enable Autodownloads="1" // Whether to allow clients to autodownload files that they are missing.
    Unthrottle Prefix="_" // Prefix of any clients to be unthrottled (use with caution!)
    Unthrottle ID="-9999999" // Unique ID of client to be unthrottled (use with caution!)
    Lessen Restrictions="0" // Allows careful users to test the limits
    Join Password="" // Password for clients to join game
    MOTD="Welcome To NRTservers.com test server" // Message of the day

Each server instance, you would change all the ports for each instance and drop them 1000

Server #2

WAN Query Port="43197" // range is 1025 - 65535
    WAN Join Port="53197" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Query Port="43197" // range is 1025 - 65535
    LAN Join Port="53197" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="63197" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

Don't forget to copy the packages folder into Server #2
    And so on for each addition server.

Now there may be others that say this is not necessary to copy the packages folder into the root of each instance. I only post the above as it works for us and our users.

Good luck

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  5. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Thanks for the info I will give it a try later. At work at the moment.

6. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Paul:

Let me know if it works for you

Dave

7. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Thanks for the pointers Dave :)

It was my ports being too close together I only had them separated by 20 now 1000 apart and works :D

Paul

8. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Get mod works on all 3 servers now and you can join all 3 of your servers?

Dave

9. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Yes get mod is now working and people can join all three servers.

How ever after about 30 mins I got the "Mod name goes here" error on a couple of the servers. See the thread in the bug reports section.

10. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy do,

If these are on vMODs made by the server, you need to grab the vMOD from the document/bla bla bla/packages folder and copy them over to the core/packages folder. (or is it the other way around?)

Even if they're not made on the server, the vMOD files have to be in both /packages folders.

Although... I don't know what it would have to do with "30 min".

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  11. Radar

Radar Registered

Just a question.. I tried the above and I get the 'Get Mod' feature to show, but I get a 'cannot install mod' on the clients PC and the router crashes.. Sounds like port issues however I have the required ports open, the ranges open (with some either side) but still the same problem when trying to make it (the Get Mod) to work properly (without it crashing the router or showing as 'cannot install mod'.

Any ideas ?

12. Radar

Radar Registered

OK, I have the Get Mod working the once (after each time I restart the rF2 dedi server) but has anyone looked at the ports it's trying to open ? for some reason, someone can download the mod (the 1st time) but then the server comes back with 'cannot connect to matchmaker'.. I check the ports to see what it's doing, and the ports that are being used by the http seem to change to another port number that I've set in the multiplayer.ini. For example, I set it to 64500, it then outputs on port 50146 and 50147 for instance..

I open these, the next time I run the rf2 dedi, the ports change to 50583 & 50584 for instance.. I'm forever chancing these little buggers...

Anyone else noticing this ?