GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

+1 :)

Noel is probably just messing about with the server or something, will be working tomorrow I bet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've been fighting with our ISP for a month now. It seemed to be all sorted as of last week but yesterday it went down again. This time it isn't a signal problem. The modem is still online and a trace route will go out about 4 hops and then it dies on one of our ISPs routers on the other side of town. They are convinced it's our problem because they (they being the ignorant guy on the phone) are able to view our modem. If I get an ip from their router it works fine but if I use our block of static IPs, the traffic stops routing 4 hops out. They aren't coming out until this Friday and we are pissed. I may just move the GetMod services to my house with residential service as it's been more stable than the business service at the office.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well I spent the entire day (literally) on the phone with our provider working every angle I could and finally convinced them it wasn't our end so they sent someone out. The guy was unable to fix the problem though because it has nothing to do with us. It's a routing problem on their end. So this tech spent about an hour on the phone talking to several people getting basically the same run around as I did. Finally he convinced them it was their problem so they escalated it to engineering. But we are still down until they figure it out.

We are online with IPv6 but IPv4 dies about 4 hops out. But IPv6 is about useless right now. You can't even reach Amazon.com with IPv6.

My data usage on my phone is going to be massive due to all the tethering I've been doing this month.

4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Sorry to hear your troubles Noel. :( Hope it gets sorted soon.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Finally. We are back up!!

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Great, thanks!

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Turns our our problem was that they gave us a new modem last week but forgot to disassociate our old modem MAC from our static IP block. This was fine for about a week but as soon as they reused our old modem for another customer it started causing routing problems. I knew it was a routing problem but it's impossible to get them to escalate it up the chain to someone who actually knows what they are doing. Instead they want to point their fingers at the customer. The good news is I now have contact info for all the top support guys in our area so in the future I can skip the 1-800 number and go right to the top of the chain.

8. TPG

TPG Registered

Thx for getting this resolved, this program has become the most important tool in a server admins toolbox..thank you for your contributions to the rF2 community..:cool:

9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Great news Noel. :D

10. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Since build 982 GetMod no longer works. When joining server and I click getting missing components it just keeps trying over and over and then gives up and says to check URL which I know is correct. Please fix.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This probably has nothing to do with my tool. What server are you trying to join?

Let me guess... REVS? I am joining now.

Okay.. I found the problem. It's the space in your track. I will fix this real quick.

Okay, I manually fixed your link by replacing the space with a %20. I will automate this so users don't need to do this on their own. I know I did this in the past but must have messed it up with another change somewhere.

12. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Yes REVS - Simracing UK 2

13. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Thanks Noel. ;)

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No problem. I put a proper fix in place so this shouldn't be an issue in the future. Thanks for pointing this out.

15. endonesia

endonesia Registered

None of my old links are working either, Noel.

Space or no space.

Seems to be a capitalization issue.

Tried in two totally separate servers in different leagues.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Try it now.

17. endonesia

endonesia Registered

Thx, that did it.

And thank you again for making this!

It's an essential Admin tool for online racing and I don't know what we'd do without it.

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

not an issue at all buddy. Just glad it wasn't me being an idiot again :)