Get Mod very slow

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by zackspeed, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It doesn't seem to make much sense, as you say it's hosted in dropbox so once the download starts it should be the same. I wonder if somehow the getmod isn't working and it's actually downloading direct from the server packages folder? I avoid having the components in the packages folder just to make sure, so I don't know if it can sometimes go wrong and download from there despite getmod.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

3. Louis

Louis Registered

Ari, in mod manager it says i´m missing various files "virtual cmp" of all files required i have installed.
    like "missing virtual cmp 3pa something version 1.7" I do have "3pa something 1.7" installed. I checked.
    Are you portuguese?

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

"3pa something 1.7" sounds like Steam track try to Subscribe it in Steam Workshop.

Missing component should be highlighted red in your mod manager. Perhaps rFactor 2 cannot verify component, it can be for example be corrupt etc.
    What you can do is to uninstall "3pa something 1.7" delete it and install it again. Delete also vmod before you try to log into server again.

Guide how to manage rFactor 2 content: http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/managing-rfactor-2-content.3918/

No I am not from Portugal and It is funny that so many asks from me if I am. I`m born in Finland living in Norway.:)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Louis likes this.
  5. Jancsi

Jancsi Registered

This did it! you the man!

Thanks Lazza.

6. Louis

Louis Registered

I will try your sugestion. Just need to see durge´s server up again. I´m too lazy to test in another server :D

About your nick, it´s because it sounds a lot like portuguese names. You should put some "k"s and "n"s. Like Arikakkonen. Every one will know you are from Finland lol.

Thanks ofr your help

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You can try my server if you like to test get mod. (-Fun2Race.net-1- ) At the moment I am hosting only one track with few ISI cars, it is easy to test.

Louis likes this.
  8. Louis

Louis Registered

Will now

edit: just clicked and im in

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. Louis

Louis Registered

Sry for hijacking the thread a litle but..
    Ari, as i was talking to you in the server chat, when i point the F-Renault to the left, in pits, all the image goes darker and when to right everything goes brighter. When i go straight, then flicks alternating dark/bright. I think you can see the diference
    And didn´t happen with Marussia.

Anyone else get this with any mod in RaceRfactor Sochi?

edit: Is this thread you talked about? http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-fps.129823/
    GRAB_647.JPG GRAB_648.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

That flickering is clouds, servers is running random weather which is reason why it didn't happen with Marussia. I have flickering in my game too.
    Yes it is that thread I was talking about. ;)

Louis likes this.