"Get mod" broken after 770 ..

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by kro388th, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Mee

Mee Registered

I had the "spaces-bug" here: had a mod with spaces in the name, getMod worked on the previous build but didn't work for the clients anymore since 770. Recreated the vmod without spaces and it works now.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah that was an old bug which was fixed but then broken again in 770. But there are lots of new improvements to GetMod. It supports HTTPS now and the timeout has increased to 15secs an it also fixed a lot of webhosts that were doing some odd redirects. So Mediafire works flawless now. I even got it working with Google Drive.

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for pointing out the spaces issue has returned Noel
    Sorted it for me!

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I had an issue this evening. Server when passworded the mod download would fail. The moment I took the password off, everyone could download the mod.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You probably aren't running the latest UI (1.0e).

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

How would one update that? On my dedi I just download the latest lite build when it's released and on my rig I use the auto updater?

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Open the ModMgr and remove all the default UIs. The real default UI is built into the core and will not show up in the ModMgr. Once you have deleted all the default UIs listed in the ModMgr, run the game and you should now be using 1.0e.

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I have no UI's listed in ModMgr either on my server or home machine mate, just checked :(

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Are you using the default UI or some 3rd party UI? The minimalist UI for example will not let you join a passworded server unless you are running the latest version which was updated for 770. All UIs need to be updated to work with 770. There is a checkbox in the launcher that forces it back to the default UI. You could try that.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

It seems, are not spaces only...i was trying to create a rfmod and it was not working (Download failed). Than i read your posting and thought "ok, maybe there are more hidden features around" and removed my underscore from my rfmod title. Now it`s working. I reproduced this ISSUE 3 times. One hour fiddling around for nothing...

11. PRL

PRL Registered

Hi,

just have same problems with getMod. Even if i remove the Spaces in Name and Filename it does not work always. It works sometimes, but not always. We have to try multiple times for Downloading the vmod.
    I'm using the standard UI.

Am i missing some firewall ports? The http server port is correct and open, the package dir is also correct (if not, the download would not work sometimes).

Need some ideas....

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered