Garage Paths

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by iDTDoug, Jun 14, 2017.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Can anyone give step by step guide on how to successfully add a garage path? I tried the usual method (main path, pit path, connect, find corridors, save, exit, reload, add garage path as 1st pit extension, find corridors, save, exit, add pits, garage, grid spots) but either the AI cars wont stop at their pit, or they try and cut to the garage path like that's the main pit path. I used to have the rf1 method instructions where you add a certain path then change the wp_branchID=(1) to something but I lost them.

Also I tried adding the garage path as 1st pit extension and rf2 crashed the moment i clicked that. Worked if I chose "other path" but Not sure what combination of wp_branchID=(?) and wp_pitlane=(?) to use.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can try adjusting the corridors where they're cutting to force them to go where you want them to.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

In theory, you should use 1st pit extension path for garage area. Don't forget to cap end of extension path.

Troubleshooting this could be tricky. I would copy existing aiw file in safe place, quickly make main path(starting from scratch and quality does not matter at this point), pitpath with joined branches to main path and finally find corridors. Save, reload and save again. Copy garage-, pit- and starting grid locations from old aiw to this new aiw. Load the track again, make 1st pit extension path and cap it. Save, reload and save again.

Then test if AI finds its way out from garage area correctly. If it works, then you know your original aiw is buggy. Then you should start new aiw creation from scratch. You can use garage-, pit- and starting grid locations from old aiw to save time.

If aiw editor crashes when trying to create 1st pit extension path to new/testing aiw, you have found a bug which should be reported.

4. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Yeah, thats what I did do (your 2nd paragraph). I'm wondering if having the pit locations in there BEFORE all the paths are laid out is the reason it crashes? I have 3 versions of the pre-aiw file (main/pit paths only, +driving lines, +pit/grid/garage spots) all before i added the pit extension.

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

If pitpath is created (and path ends are joined to main path) before assigning any pit- or garage spots, you should be fine. Most likely pit locations (which are placed along pitpath) does not cause these problems.

For testing purposes, you could assign only one pit spot and garage spot along the pitlane. After that create 1st pit extension (capped and joined to pitpath), move that single garage spot there and see if that works. Don't forget to find corridors again after 1st extension creation.