Gap Starting Cars By Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoogerMac, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac Registered

When running a true endurance race, is there any way to put an artificial gap between the groups of cars when doing a rolling start? For example, I want all the LMP2 cars grouped together and at the line when the green flag drops. However, I'd like the GTE cars to be grouped a few seconds behind the last row of LMP2 cars. Then the GT3 cars grouped a few seconds behind the last row of GTE cars. Somewhat how they do things for the Daytona 24hr. Is this possible in rF2?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are doing it live, with real drivers, you assign the leader of each group to be the pace car and the drivers manage it themselves. IF you mean you want to group AI controlled cars separately, then I don't know.
    That staging concept was always something I never understood. You have slower groups so you delay their start. All that does is shorten the time the leaders have before they reach the backmarkers. I saw a Nurburging start and they were like minutes apart for several groups. The leaders were 2/3rds around the course before the last cars cleared the S/f area. Which meant the leaders caught them within a lap or two. If they shortened or eliminated the starting gaps, the slower groups would have more time to string out and make it easier for the leaders to burst through.
    OK rant off.
    Good luck, I don't 'think' there is an AI solution, but somebody may know something.

BoogerMac likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Think Le Mans does it about 5-10s between each class. Makes much more sense.

BoogerMac likes this.